Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Atlas Grey vs Basalt Black

Poker2009

Suzuka
Hi

I am looking for a 911S. Although I would prefer Basalt Black, I was wondering what you guys think of Atlas Grey?

Seems to be a bit easier to get hold of, and seems Black commands a premium?

Thanks

Atlas easier to get hold of? Are you sure? I'm annoyed as everytime I see a viable car to purchase it's Basalt Black! Although a good number of Atlas grey cars have appeared in recent weeks.

Good question though. I've not seen a basalt black 911 in the flesh, I believe it's not quite black (just very very very very very very dark grey - ala Father Ted :wink: ). Where as Atlas grey is just a very very dark grey (with specks of violet)

If you are looking for a black 911, keep your eyes on Dove House as they appear to deal exclusively in black 911.

I beleiev there is 7 black 911's at Autobahn......but don't shoot me if thats wrong......

Anyway I have basalt and it's very very nice..... I would say it's a nice shiny black not grey. :thumbs:

If you want a good pic then I'll put one up on Sat for you as not with that 911 at the moment. I have come down south in the 993.

I've had an Atlas Grey Porsche for the last 3 years - it's a great colour (navy blue crossed with grey) but more dark blue than grey despite the name. It is a sound choice investment wise and you'll not have to wash it half as often as black!!

Good luck

I'd pick Atlas over Basalt if it were me, just looks more discreet and stealthy....oh and much easier to keep clean!

CUE99T said:
I beleiev there is 7 black 911's at Autobahn......but don't shoot me if thats wrong......

Anyway I have basalt and it's very very nice..... I would say it's a nice shiny black not grey. :thumbs:

If you want a good pic then I'll put one up on Sat for you as not with that 911 at the moment. I have come down south in the 993.

Is it like BMW's Sapphire Black - black but like lots of flecks of other colours?

Karcsi said:
CUE99T said:

Is it like BMW's Sapphire Black - black but like lots of flecks of other colours?

Yeah it's speclally, but nice and shiny when washed.

TBH I think it doesn't get dirty too quickly actually.

I have got an Atlas Grey C4S and it looks amazing in the metal. Not really grey and not really blue. The colour looks good with a black or blue (or grey) interior too. Had to pay extra for it but I'm glad that I did.

If you really want a challenge get the flat black. :frustrated: When its clean it does not get better in a 911 :grin: (IMHO) Just dont leave it outside for more than an hour, especially in the summer as it gets covered in pollen. :nooo: And whoa betide bird excrement, it has to be the softest paint ever. :sad:

Would'nt change it though :thumbs:

I had a Basalt 996 and then went for a Meteor Grey 997.

Much prefer the Grey as looks good even when dirty. Also depends on the interior - the 996 had a black interior too which made it all a bit boring and dated. The current two tone interiors work really well and I have black/grey which works really well.

Basalt Black, Black Techart wheels, Black exhaust tips, Black Interior.....Once you go black....

But a total pain to keep clean but I like cleaning it :wink:

Saying that I do really like the grey. I was very close to buying a grey 997 and I thought that looked great.

Black are supposed to be better to sell on but i'm not sure how true that is

I'd forget going for either and go carrera white, but then I am biased! :lol:

Not my cup of tea. :nooo: Was keen on Black on Black,but when you see all the cars lined up together only choice Silver with Stone Grey. :D

Attachments

• ftdrturtyir67_001_541.jpg
    ftdrturtyir67_001_541.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 7,168
  • yitfyitfyit_007_872.jpg
    yitfyitfyit_007_872.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 7,168
  • new_image_1_180.jpg
    new_image_1_180.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 7,168
Thanks for the messages guys - had to go Basalt Black :worship: in the end!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back