Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Enjoying the C4S loaner!

Indy

Silverstone
As my new C2 is at the dealer having a UMI unit fitted (iPod etc) they were good enough to loan us an 09 plate C4S!

Now while I concede it lacks a bit of the authentic precariousness of the good ol' 2WD version, which in fact appeals so much to me, I have to say it's a highly abusable piece of kit which can be driven at heinous speeds with utter disdain the laws of physics, let alone laws......

You want left? Just steer at your most wildly imaginable rate.

You want accelerate? Do it. You're on rails!

I'm sure a wet day would crush my theory, but really, I'm not totally inane, but it's bloody good innit? :thumb:

Which dealer was that? Porsche Centre Hatfield lent us a Boxster S whilst my 997 C2S was in recently - the kids loved the top-down experience (but were gutted when it dawned on them that only one passenger could go in at a time ;-)

Er, I couldn't possibly admit to that now could I.....

OK, OK, it was Hatfield! I would have been fine with a Golf to be honest!

Nice people so far. Not as well organised as the Mercedes dealership I sell cars from, but nice nevertheless....

Sundeep said:
Indy said:
You want left? Just steer at your most wildly imaginable rate.

try that with the PSM off :bandit:

Good point... The PSM on my C2 is doing a great job and gives me that extra confort so I imagine on the C4S that is needed even more.....
Saying that when dry the grip is amazing anyway is only in the wet that I feel that I need it more although I am a bit of a chicken when it rains...

Theo

I'll probably stick to using PSM thanks :lock:

:floor:

My 2S went into garage for a few days & was lent an indentical 2S but tip.

Had a blast in it

Moral of story I think is hire cars are way more fun than your own :D

From my experience the C4S is at its best in the wet, living in England it means you probably need it great deal. Knowing where the limit is helps in driving a bit on the wild side while in a wet day

probably you are rather quicker than the C2S in the wet even with the extra weight one

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back