Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 toolkit and warning triangle

Chilterns993

Hi,

Although I've owned my 993 C2 for just over a year now, I have only just discovered 911uk.com - looks like a great community!

I have a question about the OE toolkit and what it should contain. I've searched through some old threads but there is no detailed description of what should be in there. My own kit is present but has one empty pocket (though another one contains two spanners so perhaps it is complete...). Also, there is what looks like a screwdriver attachment but no handle, which doesn't look right...

At the risk of making my first impression here as a complete nerd / geek, does anyone have a list of what the contents should be? Alternatively, perhaps between us we could try to work it out by posting pics / descriptions of what we have.

I'll compile a detailed list of what my toolkit contains tonight and will hopefully get some pics as well.

On a somewhat related note, I don't have a warning triangle - does anyone know what the OE part number is? I'm looking for the right one as, apart from anything else, it needs to fit the boot clip that Mark911 has sourced.

Thanks in advance...

Hi and welcome

there are two variations on the tool kit that i know of. either a kit similar to if no the same as that included with the 964 or a lower rent kit found in later cars. Post up a pic of yours and it is easy to tell which it is. the most difficult bits to source if they are missing will be the bag of plastic gloves and the plastic protective sheets - but u could argue these are for the uber-993-correctist only... And if we are getting really picky, then you will insist on the pump being in its correct white plastic bag and the jack in its felt draw-string bag.

you cannot seem to buy the correct 993 triangle from dealers any more, but i think in terms of at least size and appearance of the case, the ones from (early??) 996 cars are the same. search ebay for the part number and you will likely find one. see my previous posts to find the part number, or check the on-line 993 parts pdf on the Porsche web site. AFAICR, it is only the last digit that changed over time. The current one a dealer will likely sell you is from the 997 (no suprise there!), but they don't fill the carpet pocket the way Stuttgart had intended.

best of luck

Thanks Tim.

I suspect mine might be the latter variety but we'll soon see. I don't want to go over the top but would like to sort out any obvious items if I can. The pump I have is definitely a later addition/replacement (still in plastic packaging I think, will have to look more closely) and it's probably not going to be easy (or cheap) to source an original, I suspect.

Hi,
I have a warning triangle from my 993 turbo (1997) that I no longer require. The part number is 000.722.722.03 and is made by Gebra. It fits in the pocket under the bonnet and as far as I am aware it was the one that came with the car originally (someone else with a 993 maybe able to confirm the part number on theirs).
PM me if you are interested.
Thanks
Mark

The only tool kit you need with a 993 is a battery conditioner :D if its left for more than 10 days

welcome and you know the score PICS/PICS please :thumb:

clinchy993 said:
The only tool kit you need with a 993 is a battery conditioner :D if its left for more than 10 days

Hey Mr C, what batt conditioner have you got??? Ben

Hi there, pls don´t believe you´re a nerd for asking that question.
More than a modicom of Nerd Quotient is needed to get in here LOL
This is the place where you can ask any old tripe and its not out of our interest.
Its them, the others, non 911 owners that don´t "get" this kind of chat.
They don´t get it, and frankly I don´t bother talking about my 911´s outside this and the PH circle.
It can get the most negative response from non Porsche owers, believibg you´re just being flash.

If you get a chance, get down to a meet and show your face, they are a great laugh, and almost everyones barriers drop, you can learn the most interesting stuff that is absolute garbage to non owners.

911 ownership, its an addiction , an addiction I tll ya.

TheCock said:
clinchy993 said:

CTEK XS3600 works a treat :thumb:

chilterns 993,

I wonder if the screwdriver with no attachment you have is the end of the cranking handle for the sunroof should it pack up - referred to in the manual. The cranking handle is u shaped and the screw driver type bit fits on the end of it and into the transmission visible if you unzip the zip in the rear of the roof lining and then the take out the roof lining. :?:

Okay, photos! First, a couple of the car. Then, one of the tool kit.

Having skimmed the relevant section of the manual, it looks like there should be a screwdriver handle that fits both the screwdriver and the sunroof crank. On the basis of the number of pockets in the pouch, that could be the only thing missing :x Anyone got anything different in their kit?

Still, I've sourced the missing triangle from Mark (many thanks :thumbs: ) so I guess this at least gives me something else to work on... That, the missing fuse removal tool (which I found out about on another old thread)! Oh and last, but certainly not least, THE JACK - don't ask how I managed not to notice that this was missing until now!!! :eek: If anyone knows the part numbers, I'd be greatful.

Tim993 mentioned the parts catalogue on the Porsche website - I couldn't find this - the Classics end with the 964 and after that I can't see them - anyone have the URL?

Cheers
Phil.

Attachments

• tool_kit_162.jpg
    tool_kit_162.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 12,271
  • interior_162.jpg
    interior_162.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 12,271
  • 993_580.jpg
    993_580.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 12,271
That is the new shape towing eye. Did that really change back in '96? My '95 car has the old style.

Plus my pliers are all metal, no plastic handle covers. Working from memory I also have the little doubrey for the sunroof, and four or five spanners.

Oh this site does make me laugh, & I thought I was a car geek!

Naturally I can't resist, here's mine!

Attachments

• 26082009128_267.jpg
    26082009128_267.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 11,331
.....and I thought I was weird, are we all now going to photograph our tool kits and post them? :bonk:

Men
tal.

I am tempted.......heeeeeeelp.

clinchy993 said:
TheCock said:
clinchy993 said:

CTEK XS3600 works a treat :thumb:

Thanks clinchy, *****

OK, so acme (with a 96 car) has the old shape towing eye, metal pliers, but only one spanner ... this is a job for Tintin.

OC ... over to you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back