Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE Fitted - Just got my car back!

F16RCE

Trainee
All

Just picked up my car this evening from OPC Colchester where i was having the PSE fitted to my 997 C4S.

From the moment i started my car i have had the biggest grin on my face. The noise is fantastic and really adds to the driving experience. People hear it coming and look round before you get there!!!!

Highly recomended!!!

M :D

Got mine back yesterday (Friday) and have not stopped smiling yet either!!! Fantastic service from Chiswick OPC, lent me an 09 plate Carrera for a couple of days whilst it was done too!

Was quite unsure that the cost would match the noise...but...it does!!
At 4k revs the sound kicks in and it's awesome all the way from there!

At start up it just makes you laugh (even though the button isn't pressed)...it makes such a sweet sound....totally different sounding car!

Mines a Gen 2 car and for anybody thinking about doing it I can highly recommend. The pipes look great too....not as prominent as the press shots showed them.

L

L3YTN

I live up the road from Chiswick OPC, good to hear you got good service, as Im thing of using them for the same service. some mentioned that the cost abut 1300 all inclusive, are the guys at Chiswick doing it for similar price

regards

Wisam

Hi F16RCE and L3YTN,

I'm very interested to read your comments about your new PSE's as I'm toying with the idea of going that route on my '08 C2S.

I've passed the estimate stage with my local OPC (Hatfield) and must now decide.

Could you comment on the following questions:

1) Is the default for the switched system on or off e.g. is it louder when you start up in the morning or only after you switch it on?

2) Is the "quiet" mode comparable to the standard systems noise level?

3) I assume that you have a newly mounted switch in the centre console but do either of you have the Sports Chrono Package as well? I'd like to know how it works with the existing suspension and sports button?

Thanks for any help that you (or any one else) can offer.

Hi David

Hatfield is my local OPC, and having bought two cars from them hoped they would fit my PSE but unfortuntaley they were very expensive versus other centers.

In repsonse to your questions:

1. default is off. However when you start the car in the morning the noise is instantly louder even before you switch on the exhaust. However after the initial roar it then settles down unless switched on.

2. I guess the quiet mode should be the same as original but i definately thinks its a little louder. Also a different tone.

3. As i have sports chrono the exhaust has been wired into the sports button rather than a separate button. Therefore when i switch on the sports mode the exhaust kicks in. I usually then switch off the PASM as i find the suspension to hard for daily driving. The job is also cheaper if you have sports chrono.

If you want to check it out happy to arrange a meet somewhere in north London / Hertforshsire boarder.

Hope this helps.

Hi David,

Default is off (can be overidden by unplugging I think)

Quiet mode (off) is comparable / same as car with no PSE.....BUT....at start up it does make a completely different noise to when it didn't have PSE....just for second you will think the system is 'on'!!!...makes me smile every morning when I start the car at 6am to go to the gym!...probably annoys the hell out of my neighbors!

It is a new switch in the centre console where you will currently having a blank. I have sports chrono etc and unless i'm mistaken makes no difference to any of it???.....however the car does feel quicker with new PSE.

Let me know if you need further info.
L

On the Gen 1 997 is wired into Sports Chrono but on Gen 2 997 they have a separate button for it.

Got to wait another 3 weeks for mine. I have had my gen 2 c4s for about 3 months now and cant wait to get it fitted, will be like picking up a new car all over again.
Does anyone know where abouts the connectors are to disconnect the switch to have it on all of the time?

baxster said:
Does anyone know where abouts the connectors are to disconnect the switch to have it on all of the time?

It is a black squared plug with a metal fitting around it situated in the right upper side in the engine bay. Just push the metal fitting in and it will unplug easily. Good fun with it off!!! Enjoy it

F16RCE said:
If you want to check it out happy to arrange a meet somewhere in north London / Hertforshsire boarder.
Hope this helps.
Hi,

If David takes you up on this offer do you mind if i tag along. Still deciding if its worth spending ~2K on this.

Thanks
Pav

For anybody that would like to hear / see it...I'm in West London if that helps?

L

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back