Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM not working (well it is now)

satnam70

Dear All,

The other day I went for a blast in my 997 C2S then whilst driving I could not adjust the volume on the cd player or even turn off the PCM also none of the other buttons on the PCM where available either.

After a couple of minutes the PCM would turn off and restart again and the cd would carry on playing but again the buttons would not function.

I also tried stopping and starting the engine as I thought this would solve the issue but to no avail. So I decided to park the car in the garage when I parked up I noticed that the CD was still on even though I had taken the ignition key out and then after a few seconds it went off. So I left the car.

After a couple of days I came back to the car and this time the car would not start at all. I rang Porsche Assistence and they sent an RAC guy down who told me that the battery had drained. He charged it back up and the PCM was working as normal again.

I was wondering if any of you have had this problem. OPC are telling me to take it to them when the problem next occurs and they will look at it then as they say bringing it in now would show no faults as the PCM is working fine now.

Attachments

• 997_1_965.gif
    997_1_965.gif
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,759
I had a problem last weekend which while different has some similarities. I got into the car to be presented with communications failure on the PCM and the message that none of the MOST bus equipment was working. I switched the car off and back on a few times but it was no different. I got a spanner from the garage to disconect the battery and thought I would try locking and unlocking the car first, this solved the problem and removed the need for getting my hands dirty using the spanners.

Thank-you for the response guys!

Just to inform you that since the battery drained and then consequently charged I have experienced no futher problems with the PCM (fingers still crossed).

But thanks for the advise and the next time it happens I will try the 148 keypad recommendation!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back