Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE vs Tubi - Ordering today!

F16RCE

Trainee
Hi All

Finally decided that today is the day that im going to order either the PSE or the Tubi for my 997 C4S. Just spoke to both OPC and Scuderia Systems for the Tubi and agreed the final prices. Tubi may come down further if anyone else is interested?

So please let me know which was you think i should go? Would be great to hear from someone who has heard the tubi?

Big thanks to Fraser and Dave who did all the legwork over the last couple of weeks.

Thanks

M

Can't comment on the sound, but I assume you're not worried about invalidating your warranty if going for the Tubi?

The car is under warranty for the next ten months, but i figured that if i opted for the tubi then in the event something went wrong i could pay to have the original system replaced.

I just want to make sure that i get the right system.

Thanks
M

Go for the PSE, at least it'll add value, make your car more desirable and not sound like a bag of shite.

Don't under estimate the warranty issue, 10 months or not if something happens to your car, the presence of a Tubi can completely invalidate the claim.....they'll find a way of wiggling out of paying.

PSE every time... I went through the same kind fo thought process last year with Tubi, PSE and Manthey. In the end I went for the Manthey exhaust but only because it was lighter and gave a performance advantage over the others. If I could go back I would have chosen the PSE. There is no better sound for a Porsche than the PSE. I personally prefer the Manthey sound over Tubi even though it still is glorious but no contest for PSE. PLUS you have that added bonus of OEM and no warranty worries... :thumb:

Hi All

You would not believe my luck. Had the car booked in with OPC to have the work done next friday, but its all fallen through today as OPC rang back to say when they went to order the part from Porcshe the price has gone up astronomically...They were very apologetic and very angry at the price increase.

Obviously not as annoyed as me!

In summary the PSE has gone up from £1,558 fitted inc VAT to approx £2,200!!!! They confirmed that 996 prices had increased a lot more!

So may have to opt for Tubi or leave standard as refuse to pay that amount of money! :nooo:

M

Try another OPC, quick! :)

try Cardiff OPC. they quoted me ~£1500 in July but said it might change in August. what a fool I was. i should have taken the offer there and then.

I think that's about the going rate for a retro fit Gen 1 PSE - I was quoted £2004 last week from OPC East London.....Sadly can't justify it that much :nooo:

Its fair to say its not a bargain!!! But not sure what else to do.

Maybe just stick to the original! :nooo:

I got Porsche Cambridge to install my PSE for 1900 c.14% off on my 997.2. Reading and E.London was v close but didn't match but I didn't push them as my car was already at Cambridge so left it at that. My experience is go to any OPC with big service deparment as they run sub capacity for the time being.

One avenue to explore. Reading told me a PSE unit costs 1358. The switch takes 1.5hrs of the 5hrs in total of the installation time and the unit costs at least 100 ex VAT maybe more. Try to see if OPC would do the partial installation - guess you won't get a 14% discount but you could should manage to negotiate something off as it will cover some of their fixed costs of mechanics doing nothing. This could potentially take you into the 1700 territory but will this make the car less attractive to sell vs a 911 with PSE and switch???

Anyway, the PSE makes a massive difference and adds to the driving experience IMHO. Even turning the engine on brings a smile, not to mention get it into the 4500+ rev with full load.

Just some thoughts,
Mads

Convinced myself this morning that it was a waste of money and that i should be more sensible having only forked out for the car a few months ago.

Then just read the post from madsat and realised being sensible is no fun!!!

PSE here i come!!!!!

Thanks mate! :thumb:

F16RCE said:
Convinced myself this morning that it was a waste of money and that i should be more sensible having only forked out for the car a few months ago.

Then just read the post from madsat and realised being sensible is no fun!!!

PSE here i come!!!!!

Thanks mate! :thumb:

Both PSE and the Sport Shift are two of the best mods on a 997 IMO. :)

Agreed - the Gen II PSE is great :D
I was lucky - it was part of the spec on the car I bought from Porsche Cambridge. I'd have to think hard about spending C £2K on it though...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back