Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Playing mp3 files

David997

Hello from not only a Newbie to this Forum, but also to Porsche as well.

I've just bought my first, an August 2008 911 Carerra S which has PCM with the additional multi-CD player.

My question is about burning my own music using the mp3 format which I know the unit can handle. Does anyone know how many tracks (or MB) that can be used? Also, will it simply recognise one folder only or can it cope with multiple folders.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer.

Firstly its only the PCM that can play MP3 files.
Amount on a disc is obviously down to what rate you write them at..
It does read folders etc and the menu does give you access to them.
I normally have about 4 albums on a CD to get a good bit rate and quality

garyw

Hello and welcome - sure you will benefit as much as I am from 911uk.

I have not tried playing MP3 files on my PCM but from previous experience it should be able to read multi folders and I believe I read so in the car handbook as well. If it can only recognise CD's (700mb) and an avg song is 3-6mb depending on quality you can do the math of how many songs each disc allows. If it recognises DVDs, you are looking to be able to store between c.4-8,000mb (single or dual layer).

I got another question which I hope someone can help me with. In my PCM3, I got the Ipod connection and annoyingly, I found out that it does not charge the Ipod.

- is it as simple as buying another cable which charge or is it just not possible?

- has anyone experienced with connecting a low-powered harddrive (mp3s) through the USB connection? How does that work, any kind of limitations?

Thanks

Many thanks to garyw and madst for their input.

I'll give that a go and see how I get one.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back