Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Twins and a 997 Turbo!

jamescunnell

Hi there

I am currently close to completing the purchase of a new 997 Turbo and would very much appreciate your advice on the following. I have twins which are 4 months old and need to come up with some way of getting two prams or some kind of chassis (which fits to car seats) that will fit into the boot. Following some excellent posts found on this site it would seem the most likely way of doing this would be to get two 'Qunny Zap' buggy's which fold down very compactly and these could then be stacked on top of each other in the boot. If anyway has done something similar to this or has any suggestions I would be very grateful to hear from you!

Many thanks
James

Hi James, will have a look later to see whether it looks like one fits in the C2S.

Anyone know if the boot on a Turbo is smaller than the C2S?

Congratulations on the twins by the way.

Jamie said:
Hi James, will have a look later to see whether it looks like one fits in the C2S.

Anyone know if the boot on a Turbo is smaller than the C2S?

Congratulations on the twins by the way.

Congrats on the twins!

Yes, the TT will have a different boot size and shape to the C2S due to the front differential of the 4WD system.

Not sure about 997, but in the 996 it is shallower (space saver spare deflated and flat in bottom of luggage area), but goes back a bit further.

Good luck!

It looks as though they would fit in a rear wheel drive car but I think it would be tight on a 4wd car. The wheels do unclip so it may be possible.
I think your biggest problem is going to be getting a seat behind you. IMHO if you are over 5ft 5" then its going to be impossible to drive the car. I think this will definatley be the case with rear facing seats and probably the case with forward facing seats.
I will try and get some pictures to show you what I mean.
I am assuming you wnt to go out as a foursome?

Think you're going to struggle but really do admire your tenacity. :)

James, here are a couple of pics of a maxi cosy cabrio in situ. As you can see the passenger side is okay but there is no way you could drive with it behind the drivers side. Sorry I could not get hold of the Zapp to try again.

Attachments

• dsc01671_192.jpg
    dsc01671_192.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 2,689
  • dsc01672_291.jpg
    dsc01672_291.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2,689
  • dsc01673_899.jpg
    dsc01673_899.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 2,689
One other thing, there is not enough room in the front passenger seat to get another seat in when you have a maxi cosy cabrio in the rear passenger seat.
Once they are in front facing (7-9 mths) I think you will be okay. Here is a picture that I nabbed from I think it was jamie to show a front facing in situ and another of the zapp in the a dealers turbo boot. I think with the wheels off 2 may just go in.

Attachments

• 877577ffa95c4bd3b4fff0b23a885719_100.jpg
    877577ffa95c4bd3b4fff0b23a885719_100.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 2,680
  • dsc01587_234.jpg
    dsc01587_234.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 2,680

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member