Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Water in passenger door

MJ

Hi all,

Just noticed that that I've water comming in that's collecting at the bottom of the passenger door. :?
The very bottom of the door panel 'carpet' (about 2cm high) is soaking across the entire length of the door. Thankfully currently not affecting the light within the door panel, nor the Bose speaker.
Interestingly the inside of the door storage pocket is dry, and so are the carpets on the floors of the car itself (both front & back).
Have been doing the usual searching here, and have seen some threads on the drain gullies/pipes (as I have a sun roof) or maybe the door/wing mirror seal(s).
Having had a look around the door seals this evening, nothing looks out of place. It's a shame I've only just discovered it, as I've missed the weekend opportunity to hose the car (bit at a time) and test for it dampness....

It's already booked into the OPC for Weds (fuel cap flap not locking), so will get them to investigate then, but just wondered if anyone has had this exact issue, or thoughts on the possible cause.

Cheers,
Matt

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back