Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear cooling Fan

sidlo

Hi this subject came up recently and I am not sure if a solution was found. After a member posted that he could not recall his engine cooling fan coming on after a run it was suggested to check the fuse. I too have an issue I think as my fan does not come on after a run. I checked last night after a brisk drive in the heat and after stopping, no fan. My question is which fuse does this come under as the little booklet does not seem to say? :dont know:

The fan doesn't always come on.
Mine will sit for a fair while with no fan on...

garyw

I posted them original question. However since then I noticed my fan was on last weekend, the weather was (as is now) hot. It was on when the engine was running but switched of with the ignition. Unlike my previous 996 turbo.

Thanks for the advice, I was not overly worried as the engine was not overheating, just gets you thinking when a post comes in and you cant remember if yours is also affected. I take it if it does not come on it isnt the end of the world? I lifted the rear lid and their did not seem to be much heat soak. Given the temps that these engines withstand in the Emirates etc daily our weather must be well within its spec. Or am I totaly off spec

It wasn't a worry, just curiosity... :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back