Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Costing Help.

High Explosive

I am still looking at an old 911 but i have been reading alot about history gearboxes heads going for rebuild etc, Could someone just put a rough price on rebuild costs please...

Also what location are the kidney pannels.(rust checking)

Many Thanks.

Kidney bowl panels are basically a finishing panel for the inner sill. Feel behind the sill at the front of the rear wheelarch. You can also see them by looking in the wheelarch but it is easier if the car is jacked up or rear wheel removed. I have just had mine done. (not cheap)

ianj said:
Kidney bowl panels are basically a finishing panel for the inner sill. Feel behind the sill at the front of the rear wheelarch. You can also see them by looking in the wheelarch but it is easier if the car is jacked up or rear wheel removed. I have just had mine done. (not cheap)

Thanks very much just loooking rund sites on head and gear box rebuilds in case it happens...

Once again how much are you looking to spend on a 911 is it a weekend car?. Do you want a turbo always buy on condition not miles, on my car looking around £2k a year , oil pipes, the big service etc. deep clean, dintrol. Then for the next few years it will only be the small service. Are you handy with a set of spanners?. It will keep the cost down as well, my car only goes to the garage for the service stamp in the book. The rest I try and do myself to keep the cost down.Plus I like getting my hands dirty as well. You drive you pay like on any car,good luck beware a good paint job can hide my horrors I know.

Get a PPI done few £££ that may save you buying a pup.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back