Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Double Din install problem help!!

SteveB11

Silverstone
1/ Just installed a JVC AVX820 double din unit to my C2 and everything works fine with the unit but on start-up of the car i have no instruments working only the oil pressure guage

2/also noticed when i now use the remote to close the car the horn beeps once???

Have i connected something wrong?

I have also moved the heater control unit to the bottom bin

Any help appreciated

Not sure about (1) but (2) is happening because you have grounded the security wire which went to the original radio cage. Disconnect and insulate it.

Re: (1), you might want to check the fuses for the instrument cluster. A5, B1, B10 and E1. If one of them has blow, you need to check your wiring. I suspect that the grey/blue wire (instrument illumination) may be connected to earth, or you may have put power to the grey/pink speed signal wire.

(I'm assuming your car is a pre-facelift model).

Cheers Richard yes its a 1998 C2...i will check the fuses on connections again

much appreciated

Steve

Richard H said:
Not sure about (1) but (2) is happening because you have grounded the security wire which went to the original radio cage. Disconnect and insulate it.

Is it not the other way round ..being grounded when the original radio is in place and goes open circuit when radio removed..therefor requiring the thin brown on the side mounting bracket to be grounded when an aftermaket has been fitted....

No, it's the other way round. When you remove the radio it grounds the wire to the alarm control unit. It's a Brown/Blue wire.

Attachments

• radio_contact_998.jpg
    radio_contact_998.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 3,506
I was able to silence the alarm beep by simply pushing a piece of card between the double din cage and the metal contact on the left as you look into the slot. End of problem.

Richard H said:
No, it's the other way round. When you remove the radio it grounds the wire to the alarm control unit. It's a Brown/Blue wire.

Thanks guys sorted....1/ blown fuse...2/ taped the wire up and no car horn bleep now....again thanks for the help..great forum

Cheers

Steve

old but very valuable. beep fix will be tried tomorrow. I thought it important to ground the new install but seems opposite.

great forum

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back