Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking for a good OPC in London/Surrey area

Buying or servicing?

I have always found the people at Guildford very helpful. Have bought a new Cayenne from them. They were very good and informative when I had my 911 serviced there and as I renewed the warranty at the same time they discounted the warranty by £200 in respect of the inspection fee.

Their second hand stock always used to be overpriced though as they have a lot of walk in customers from local area whereas other OPC's rely more heavily on internet shoppers and had to price accordingly.

I have heard nothing but goods things about Byfleet as well - the old Camtune business.

Jamie said:
Buying or servicing?

I have always found the people at Guildford very helpful. Have bought a new Cayenne from them. They were very good and informative when I had my 911 serviced there and as I renewed the warranty at the same time they discounted the warranty by £200 in respect of the inspection fee.

Their second hand stock always used to be overpriced though as they have a lot of walk in customers from local area whereas other OPC's rely more heavily on internet shoppers and had to price accordingly.

I have heard nothing but goods things about Byfleet as well - the old Camtune business.

Ditto Jamie's comments.

I bought my 997 from them and had it there for MOT & Warranty 1 week ago and all went well so :thumb: :thumb: for them

Buying: Guildford OPC offered me £10,000 less than any other dealer on p/x when I was looking to get myself another car so check your fingers after you shake hands with their saleman.

Guildford trade-ins are notoriously poor. So bad that we generally don't buy from them any more and have moved our business to West Sussex.

From a service point of view, they are fine, but I prefer Camtune (West Byfleet).

However, heir new(ish) service manager (Les) has really improved Guildford, to the point where I'll probably use them as they are more convenient than Camtune now they've moved.

if you are after servicing (not sales), then GT-One in Chertsey will be better than any OPC. The Camtune lot (Byfleet OPC) will be good as well.

tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back