Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Parrot Car Kit

jezzar1

I have just had a Parrot bluetooth car kit installed which has been set up to work through the PCM. This way, the radio is muted when a call is in progress. However, very annoyingly, even if the stereo is turned off whilst a call is made or received, once the call has ended, the stereo turns itself on!

Has anyone had any experience like this and/or is able to help with a cure?

Thanks in advance.

Once the PCM is turned on, the Audio will be switched on at the same time. There's no way you can turn it off while keeping other functions on. For example, you just want to use the Sat Nav with Audio off, no way, you can't do that. You can only mute it.

If you turn the PCM off and back on again, the mute will be switched off and the Audio will come back to live.

That's what I've found!

:agree: It is really annoying and as far as I know, there is no way around it

Does the Parrot kit work well? I have been using a Parrot bluetooth kit that clips onto the sun visor, which is okay, but voice clarity isn't up to much - particularly if the PSE is switched on :thumb:

Also, do you know if a permanent install linked through the PCM creates any Porsche warranty issues :?:

Clive

I seem to recall that muting the audio was sufficient, but I might be mistaken. (I had it on the previous Porker). It is possible that the radio mute was cancelled after calls, can't remember.

Evil_C:

The parrott worked extermely well through the PCM, but Porsche Mid-Sussex were sniffy about it. In short, any problems that might however tenuously be related to anything electrical are likely to be excluded from the warranty. Shame. :pc:

If anyone fancies a very lightly used Parrot, feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
Roy

royd999 said:
The parrott worked extremely well through the PCM, but Porsche Mid-Sussex were sniffy about it. In short, any problems that might however tenuously be related to anything electrical are likely to be excluded from the warranty. Shame. :pc:

:damn:

when I bought my C4S it already had parrot installed by previous owner. i took it in to get the warranty renewed and no problems at all - not even mentioned. best to ask your local opc before discounting it entirely - they may be reasonable about it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back