Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

rear engine lid fan

Senoj

Zandvoort
I have yet to notice this come on in nearly 2k miles now. My previous 996tt 's rear fan came on after most journeys. I seem to remember reading there was a recall for the switch on 997's?

notice anything odd from the temp gauge

although the engine cooling vents in the rear bumper do work (which is a popular tuning mod for 996 GT3's)

My 997 C4s fan comes on after most journeys too, maybe you should check the fuse for yours as a starting point.

David

Sundeep said:

although the engine cooling vents in the rear bumper do work (which is a popular tuning mod for 996 GT3's)

nope. The car is not getting hotter than you'd expect. Just that I'd expect the fan to kick in, eg parking up after a s"pirited" journey, my TT would come on after parking on most all journey's, specially this time of year.

think I'll check the fan with a 12v supply.....

Senoj said:
Sundeep said:

nope. The car is not getting hotter than you'd expect. Just that I'd expect the fan to kick in, eg parking up after a s"pirited" journey, my TT would come on after parking on most all journey's, specially this time of year.

think I'll check the fan with a 12v supply.....

Better make sure that it is a Porsche approved 12v supply or there goes the warranty :grin:

absolutely, what other type of volts are there?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back