Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyres

notty

Hi all

Looking to change 19 inch tyres on my 06 Carrera 2. Currently on Pirelli"s. Micheldever quoted £280 per tyre. At this price any suggestions on alternative make for longer lasting tread and cheaper price !!

I'm pondering the same question at the moment. There are lots of threads on here about it.

The best prices I've found are (for 295 rears for a 997) are around £240 on Pirrelli and £330 ish for Michelin's. Quite a big price difference.

However people seem to suggest that Michelins:

- protect the rims better
- They last longer
-They are quieter
-They are the standard OPC car tyre so good for resale purposes.

Still haven't decided which to go for.

:?

notty said:
Hi all

Looking to change 19 inch tyres on my 06 Carrera 2. Currently on Pirelli"s. Micheldever quoted £280 per tyre. At this price any suggestions on alternative make for longer lasting tread and cheaper price !!

worth giving simply tyres a call http://www.simplytyres.co.uk/

I do hear there are Michelin deals at Costco :grin:

Hi,

I'm also looking to change all 4 tyres (after a 2600 mile road trip round Europe and a blast on the 'Ring).

I've been looking around and the best price i've got is from a company called Northway Tyres in NW London (http://www.tyreplus.co.uk/northway-tyres.asp). I've used them before without any trouble.

£1060 including VAT and fitting. this is a discounted price for doing all 4 tyres, they've agreed to fit at different times (i.e. i think there's a bit more life in the rears than the fronts) if i pay upfront.

I'm probably going to get this down next weekend and can post my experience if anyones interested.

I spoke to a guy called Dennis. Really helpful.

[edit]
Forgot to mention that this is the branch i spoke to:

421 Edgeware Road
London
NW9 0HS
0208 205 0027

Cheers

Pavan

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members