Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new 997.2 - delivery under two weeks!! Losing sleep...

F9ank

Silverstone
Hi,

Thanks again for all your previous feedback and help. This forum is the bee knees :worship:

Some of you may be aware of the problems I have had as part of my order for a brand new 997.2.

First of all the excitement of ordering a new car for delivery Sept 09 with an admittedly crazy spec followed by my local OPC (Norwich) closing down (see http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=44438&highlight=norwich) and having a bit of an issue with the return of my depsoit (all sorted now!)

Well, went into Cambridge OPC on Friday, and with every cloud there comes a silver lining, right at the front of the showroom was a C2S with most of the spec I wanted plus a bit extra. 30 mins later and one hell of a significant saving I have just (properly this time) purchased my first brand new 997.2! :D

Some of the spec:

Carrera White
turbo wheels
BOSE
PCM 3.0
Telephone module
Rear centre console in carrera white
Red seat belts
Side decals in black
Black leather
Carbon door sills
Heated seats
Exterior vents and side skirts in carrera white
Boot lid "Carrera S" in black

Oh, and the gen 2 sports exhaust!! The sound is just awesome :eek: !

Due to collect on 20 June 09 so already losing sleep. Just sorting the retrofit of some extras including cruise control and short shift at the moment plus a couple of surprises (hopefully)

Anything else I should consider retrofitting? I know it is pretty limited (and far more expensive)

By the way, those that recommended Cambridge OPC on the previous thread - spot on! Highly recommended

F9ank, good to hear you happier.

For me sports seats but they will be a pricy retrofit. Worth every penny.

Sundeep said:
very nice

"side decals" ? will that be Carrera S ?

Hi Sundeep - your correct - in black of course

Pete Hadfield said:

Anyone got an idea on the cost of retrofitting sports seats? This is one of the (few) options that the car did not come with that I am slightly disappointed about.

Carrera White good choice best colour IMHO 8)

F9ank said:
Pete Hadfield said:

Anyone got an idea on the cost of retrofitting sports seats? This is one of the (few) options that the car did not come with that I am slightly disappointed about.

Dunno but I'd guess at ££££'s.

Carrera White, lovely..........

Congrats

Hi F9ank,

Have you been able to get the Short Shift fitted? My local OPC in Sheffield has told me it is not available yet with no release date or pricing.

sadams911 said:
Hi F9ank,

Have you been able to get the Short Shift fitted? My local OPC in Sheffield has told me it is not available yet with no release date or pricing.

Hi Steve

Spoke to Cambridge OPC this morning and they have confirmed that the short shift parts have arrived and the cost is £420 inc VAT (parts and labour) for retrofitting. I don't think that is a bad price when it is not much cheaper to spec from new.

Thanks Frank,

Just ordered it, will have it fitted when my Sports Exhaust finally arrives.

Well done with your car, done 10,000 miles in mine now, it's great fun.

Cheers,

Steve.

Only just over a week to go..... How excited am I!!! :Dance-Tap: :dance: :disco:

Been speaking to the garage almost every (other) day (I'm not high maintenance honestly). Got the private plate sorted (guess what it is), short shift and cruise control have now been retrofitted as have carbon fibre sills and carrera s badge on boot painted black.

Just need to sort the trim (around the air vents, cupholders etc) which I have having done in carrera white to match the rear centre console. Hopefully this will be done for collection on 20th June otherwise will sort later.

Also sorted Insurance today - £505 all in :eek: , excess of £1,500. Thats includes £70 added premium for disclosing the sports exhaust even though i told them it made no difference to bhp!!! :dont know: Still happy days. Not bad for 35 years old

Wife tells me I have changed....... apparently all I do at the moment is talk very quickly and slightly high pitched. Didnt realise buying a porsche truns you into a woman :floor:

F9ank said:
Pete Hadfield said:

Have you had a word with the Parts desk ?, as it's a simple case of ordering the complete unit, but consider the NET price after you sell the existing seats, see if the parts desk could do an exchange to soften the price, if not get 'em sold

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back