Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Powerkit Carrera S Kit and 2010 spec

F9ank

Silverstone
Just been on the porsche configurator and the 2010 spec is now being displayed.

A few changes (including price) but perhaps most importantly the Powerkit which increases power to 408 bhp but at a cost of £8,000 :eek:

Includes the sports exhaust but still.... thats a lot of money for an extra 23bhp

408bhp? That's almost as much as the 996 Turbo! I don't think the extra 23bhp can be explained by the £8k premium alone - as I'm sure it includes lots of other amendments to the engine. The X51 power kit for the 996 models for instance included an extra radiator for instance and some other bits and pieces. I guess the 997 will be addressed in much the same manner.

~ Maxie

Gen II Powerkit Carrera S £ 8,066.00

Engine upgrade from 385bhp to 408 bhp.

Comprises modified cylinder heads, carbon-fibre air filter casing (upper part), new double resonance intake manifold, sports exhaust system featuring specially designed twin dual-tube tailpipes and modified engine management.

that's impressive, gen 2 997 now more than a performance match for the mark 2 996 GT3's !

Not as extensive as 996 Powerkit.

Percentage wise, not as effective either (5.8% vs 7.8%)

OK, so the cylinder heads are quite bespoke in a tuning sense, but what else?

A tweaked PSE and something that sounds a bit "cosmetic" - what real performance benefit does a carbon reinforced plastic upper airbox lid have to the engine breathing?

Leaving an ECU upgrade, worth at best 400 notes.

Expensive as it was (and with on-paper low absolute power enhancement), at least the 996 Powerkit had extra lubrication efficacy (via a larger alloy racing sump baffle with valved apertures, dual chamber oil pump and additional lubrication plumbing on cyls 4-6), additional third cooling rad, high lift valves, revised camshaft and optimised (machined and polished) exhaust ducts.

This in addition to the 997.2 matching "intake mod" (alloy manifold), "cylinder heads" (revised cylinder heads and revised piston set for 996.1 X51), "sports exhaust" (an adapted exhaust manifold and revised catalyst for 996.1 X51) and ECU remap (snap!).

No wonder why Porsche GB had not release the PSE to their dealers yet. I ordered mine late april and my local OPC still can't get hold of one!

The performance gain should help a c2s to keep up with a c63amg or the new 510bhp Jaguar xkr. Its a hefty price to pay for a o.1s improvement to 0-62 and an extra mph!!! :?:
I wonder how much will they charge tto have this retrofitted????
The previous 997 x51 cost almost £10000 to have it retrofitted!

Do you guys notice some option price had gone up??? :nooo:

Do you guys notice some option price had gone up???

As I said in my original post, some price changes are noticeable. I understand that most prices have gone up across the board by 2%, the main excuse being changes in the exchange rate

that's going to be a very quick mainstream 911 :thumb:

herbie911 said:
No wonder why Porsche GB had not release the PSE to their dealers yet. I ordered mine late april and my local OPC still can't get hold of one!

The performance gain should help a c2s to keep up with a c63amg or the new 510bhp Jaguar xkr. Its a hefty price to pay for a o.1s improvement to 0-62 and an extra mph!!! :?:
I wonder how much will they charge tto have this retrofitted????
The previous 997 x51 cost almost £10000 to have it retrofitted!

Do you guys notice some option price had gone up??? :nooo:

that's a lot of money for the extra grunt on a Carrera, although such conversions are always expensive but make a noticeable difference

I agreed it sounds like a lot of money for 23bhp. However, after chatting with my next door neighbour who is also a 911 nutcase, this is how we see it: I don't think the 998 will have 410BHP+ due to more stringent emission standard and a flat six engine that cannot go beyond 4 litre.
I don't want stop-start tech, hybrid or worst still a diesel for my 998.
I don't think my car will worth more than £40000 in 3 years time despite doing 3000miles a year. The powerkit sounds like good value for money compare with trading in my herbie! I get a semi-new engine with my £10000 :?:

Not sure you get a "semi new engine". Not much changes really, in the grand scheme of things.

I wouldn't say an aerokit and new wheels, for example, constitutes a "semi new car" either.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back