Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New tyres

hamadl

Can anyone suggest which tyres would be best.

My car is a 2006 Carrera S.

The present tyres are Pirelli:

Front: 235/35/ZR19 (87y) N1
Rear : 295/30/ZR 19 (100y) N1

Thanks

Ok depending on the budget you have the premium options are

a) Stay with the Pzero
b) Look at the Conti SC3
c) The most expensive option is Michelin Pilot Sport

That will be costly to change all of them . I believe it will be around 1K or so...
As which one are the best it depends on your criteria. If you search the forums there is a lot of discussion about tyres but I do not recall much about 19" . Also a number of places are recommended for good pricing but it all depends again on your location
How many miles have you done on the existing set ??

Theo

The PS2's have 20% off at Costco at the moment (£900 appx a set). Personally I think think the PS2's are the better tyre.

Thanks for the help guys.

The current tyres have done 25K and are looking worn. At the last service, the garage suggested that I change all.

hamadl said:
Thanks for the help guys.

The current tyres have done 25K and are looking worn. At the last service, the garage suggested that I change all.

If you manage to do 25K with one set of tyres then stick with the same brand you have. Normally 12-15K is what you expect.

has anyone ever considered the new Bridgestone RE-11, even though it's not N-tyre?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back