Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

baby seat

doctorlanning

Silverstone
now, for a really exciting topic...baby seats!
i have read that a mamas and papas protec baby seat fits in the back of a 997...is this true and does that mean my sports car has now become a baby carrier!?
this is actually good news because it means i can introduce my son to the wonderful world of porsche at an early age!
please, if anyone can verify this, me, my wife and son would be most grateful

How old is your kid? :?:

Yep, the M&P protec will fit but you will need to slide the front seat forward to give the little fella some room for his feet. I'm 6ft and can't drive the car with the seat behind me, so it's passenger side only for the car seat in the back. If the passenger is 6ft too, then it will be a squeeze.

Still, the seat does fit in the back.

Well.. Its not a problem at all. I have the M&P Pro Tour X2 and both kids love it.. (2 year old & 3 year old) Space is a bit limited as I am 6' as well but is manageable.. We have been to long trips without problems as well...
Have a look at my profile pictures one of them is with the car seats

brilliant, this is why the forum is so good! i am off to mamas and papas this am...thanks guys, i really appreciate your messages

one more question, does your car have an isofix system? my 997 c2s does not have isofix so will have to anchor the seat using the seatbelt.
thanks again.

I think it does have an ISOFIX but I am using the seat belts as the Pro Tour is not ISOFIX. No problem with that as the Seat Belts are long enough.
One quick note check if the ProTec is a bit more narrow rather than the Pro Tour as is very very tight putting the seat in place (but it can be done :) )

There's no ISOFIX in the back as far as I know. I had the passenger airbag deactivation as a dealer option and that includes ISOFIX fittings for the front passenger seat. They are normal manual sports seats and the ISOFIX fittings are invisible.

The protec is very secure in the back just with the belt though but I would reccomend removing the rear leather seat pad (just velcroed in) and using some sort of grippy pad underneath the protec (some foam rubber or a leather cushion). The protec has a really funky lever low down at the front that tightens up the seat belt and it helps a lot if there's something for the base to "bind" into when you do that. You'll see what I mean when you fit it.

If its any use to you we have a child due in August and have just bought a gen 2 c4s.
A quinny Zapp (pushchair) fits in the boot easily and the maxi cosi cabrio clips onto the zapp. the maxi cosy cabrio will fit in the rear but with restricted passenger room, if you do a a google search for maxi cosi in the rear of a 997 there is a video of a bloke clipping one in.
My plan was really to forget about familliy outings in the 997 for around 7 months then go straight into forward facing rear mounted seat like the porsche seat or the mamas and papas protech then we can all go out and skip happily off into the sunset. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back