Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cold start/cold idle control

johnnycool

Monza
anyone out there who has done a aftermarket EFI conversion to there turbo ? any solutions on cold start or fitting a cold start/idle system , mine has nothing but my foot on the pedal until warm !

cheers

Johnny :?

There are a lot of posts in this forum on erratic idle so best to have a trawl through. There is also a lot of info on it on the web if you sniff about. Seems to be a popular issue for 3.2s

I had the problem and a quick clean of the idle stabilizer valve helped out.
I think there is a post in here where someone has linked to a website with instructions of what to do. It tends to clog up if you do short journeys a lot.

The other issue seems to be electrics which I didn't look into too much as problem fix attempt numer one worked out. Hopefully it will work for you as well :thumb:

There is nothing so annoying as cranking up the motor with people admiring your car and the engine sounds like you are revving it up like a tw*t :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back