Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Ring trip checklist thread.

Disco

Okay - with only days to go it is surely time to start the checklist:

Car:
Tyres - tread depths better than 3.5mm all round: inner, middle and outer.
Pads - loads on the front, keep a eye on the rears but ought to be plenty.
Lights - have worked out how to switch to LHD friendly. Easy job for the chunnel.
Oil - above middle of the acceptable range, but an extra litre in the boot.

To Take:
Reflective vests.
Tyre pressure gauge, tread depth gauge, kitchen roll, insulating tape..
Extra stick on mirror.
Torque wrench and wheel sockets.
Registration document.
Insurance certificate.
MOT certificate.
Driving License.
Passport.
Helmet, driving boots, gloves.
Phone.
Walkie Talkie.
At least 500 euros in cash + a healthy credit card.
Sunglasses.
Change of underwear in case I misjudge where I am at Bergwerk again.
The usual holiday bag full of clothes and toiletries naturally.

Okay: What Else?

:?:

Your car ? :dont know:

What's the kitchen roll for?

Sat Nav - on which point is there still an issue in France with Sat Nav/speed camera detectors?

Spare bulbs

I'm also taking a pump

litre of Oil!

2 litres of oil!

laser/camera/radar stuff all illegal in France.

I will check on Belgium/Germany

Senoj said:
2 litres of oil!

laser/camera/radar stuff all illegal in France.

I will check on Belgium/Germany

A quick Google suggests that laser and radar detectors are illegal in France and Belgium but that GPS based systems are not.

Tertius said:

cleaning fingers after checking tyres and clearing the screen with the screen cleaner that I forgot to put on the list. Long haul journeys through France seem to leave my windscreen looking like an abattoir for insects...

andyc said:
Vaseline!! :grin:

No you need that this Friday evening :grin:

Disco said:
Tertius said:

cleaning fingers after checking tyres and clearing the screen with the screen cleaner that I forgot to put on the list. Long haul journeys through France seem to leave my windscreen looking like an abattoir for insects...

That's actually a good call. I used, well myself and anyone else who saw me using it used a full AG Glass Cleaner bottle the last time I was there. :)

E111 card
ADAC membership card
Travel Insurance
Spare car key
Camera/camcoder
Learn German books/CDs
Mobile with nurburgring emergency number stored +49 8000 302 112

Good call on the hi-viz vest, took it out and need to put it back in.

Finally the washer fluid has run out so need to top it up. I'll be bringing some Zaino Z12 and Clear Seal for the windows and happy to share.

Going hunting for a couple of cheapish helmets this week (was thinking motorbike shop....any tips?) :?:

Chris W said:
Going hunting for a couple of cheapish helmets this week (was thinking motorbike shop....any tips?) :?:

Wear it before you buy it.. Personally I prefer a full faced lid, but thats probably because I'm an ex biker. :) I genuinely don't have a problem with visibility and the Ring was no worse, even with the rather quick bikes...

ResB said:
Chris W said:

Wear it before you buy it.. Personally I prefer a full faced lid, but thats probably because I'm an ex biker. :) I genuinely don't have a problem with visibility and the Ring was no worse, even with the rather quick bikes...

Yup make sure it fits - that is far and away the most important characteristic of a helmet. On which point ... why two? You appeared to be supplied with the standard number of heads at the pub last week?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back