Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo Cab in Metallic Macadami - Am I mad !!

Bieldside

Nurburgring
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/906288.htm

Looks a great spec car except the colour which I have not seen in the flesh but .....

I am always thinking one step beyond and thinking when I come to sell such a car , the colour will be a real issue

Avoid?

Thoughts welcomed

there's a 997 TT coupe up here in that colour and the few times Ive seen it in the flesh both dirty and clean ive also thought WOW!!,for such a leftfield colour it IMHO suits it

Thanks for that from Aberdeen

As an Aberdeen loon living down in London I take that as an OK!

I'm colour blind so if I had the money, I'd tell you no and try and do a deal myself; would seem an interesting car and decent discount against new price. Must be worth a close look and some internet shopping to get price comparisons.

Anyway, nearly eveyone here has cars in variations of blue, silver and speed yellow ... and you're asking for their advice :eek: 8)

Re: 997

Bieldside said:
Thanks for that from Aberdeen

As an Aberdeen loon living down in London I take that as an OK!

fit like min

btw it normally bides in the Riverside part of toon,toward brig o Dee

I've seen that colour in the flesh on a 7tt and think it looks great. :thumb:

I saw one in this colour down in Chavley a couple of weeks ago and actually thought it looked really nice.

That price seems uber competitive too......

Would be a contrast to my classic silver/black 9934S!!

I went through "macadamia madness" in autumn last year when I ordered a new C4S. There were no cars around in the flesh at that time but the macadamia cars in the marketing materials looked sooooo....cool that I specced it on the order.

I changed it before it was too late to Atlas Grey and have not regretted it for a second. They do look cool in the flesh but that beige interior is pretty much the only option and it's way over the top in my opinion.

Recognising it as a cool colour and plonking down a big wad of cash to buy one are two very different things IMHO.

Still, if you like it and don't care about residuals too much, go for it. It's by no means a shabby motor...... :D

As you stated, you have one eye on selling later. I would be more concerned about the colour of the interior and those seats than macedemia. Ruffled leather looks good new, but sags very easily and can make the interior look shabby. :bonk: Great spec for the price though :lol:

Personally I think Macedamia looks the dog's dangly bits on a 911 :thumbs: and have actually downloaded the wallpaper from the Porsche site

However.

I saw a dirty Macedamia Boxter yesterday and was less impressed. Plus, one of the mags, Car I think, tested a 911 and thought the colour was sh*te.

So, I would be a little worried about the effect on resale value.

IMHO a 997TT should be Basalt Black

Clive

Off to see a 996 Turbo S Cab tomorrow in seal grey metallic with black

Safer choice but the 997 Turbo Cab has a certain pull - need to go and see it in the flesh

Yes resale !! Not the mainstream and in three years time it could be a white elephant in brown metallic!

I had this conversation with the OPC when I ordered my new C4S:

Me: "If I order Macadamia, will it affect how much you give me for a trade in when I come back"
OPC: "Yes"
Me:" How much, approximately?"
OPC "3-5k less compared with blue, black or silver"
Me: "Let's go with Atlas Grey"
OPC: "Good choice sir"

I also saw a 997 coupe in the flesh at Silverstone and it looked, well, ......Brown.

Lovely colour! Would I have the balls to buy one, no. Especially not say a C2S coupe but on a Turbo cab with its own rarity value, maybe.

As others have stated it is the interior that would do my head in - would have looked better in cocoa brown which I think is an option.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back