Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replica wheel question

Evil Sid

I am weighing up the cost vs. benefit of genuine 997 Carrera S wheels (331) vs. replica wheels that can be purchased from places like Elite-direct etc.

In the literal sense does anyone have any idea about the difference in the physical weight? As I understand it the genuine articles are BBS forged aluminum wheels whereas the replicas are presumably low pressure cast jobbies.
thanks

I personally wouldn't use replica wheels. Why don't you try eBay for a second hand pair? The Carrera S 5 spokes come up quite often.

You could also try Porsch-Apart and Douglas Valley Breakers, they both get 997S parts in quite frequently, oh and Jasmine as well.

Cheers.

If you are going to drive slow it probably won't make much difference.

If you are going to drive fast or take it on track, you would want it to be balanced and for safety you would want all the all the alloys to be the same weight and to be designed and tested for that vehicle.

When it comes to warranty there would be issues if not OEM,

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back