Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ipod connector

russvik

hi all,

i have just recently bought a gen 2 911, does anyone know what ipods are compatable with the ipod connector? the latest ipod nano does work, but wont charge whilst in the car...

thanks

I have the current ipod classic, works and charges fine in my gen 2.

Just been through this with the wifes car..
The latest versions of the Ipod charge via USB and not firewire any longer..
Thus the newest versions will not charge on the systems - this goes for many docking stations too.. :nooo:
The classic however does work spot on... so we now have a nano and a classic

garyw

cap_scarlet said:
diffstar said:
I have the current ipod classic, works and charges fine in my gen 2.

x2

if only the gearbox worked as well as the ipod I would be happy

Another disgruntled PDK owner.....

ive got same problem,just took delivery of new 997 turbo with ipod interface and the gen 2 ipod nano i have works perfect but does not hold charge,so what ipod do i get that is guaranteed to work and charge as i dont want to spend out and buy another ipod which does not charge any ideas because my opc is stumped.Any help would be appreciated.

cheers simon

thx guys,will go and get myself a 120gb classic tommorow form pc world and hopefully from what you guys say it should be spot on.

will let you know cheers simon

hi guys,ok got classic ipod today,plugged in and great works a treat but as the unit came charged how do i know if its charging or not theres nothing on the screen like a mobile that says charging or the battery in top right corner does not flash either.Secondly when you turn the igntion off the ipod screen shows the porsche logo and the last song i was playing and remains like that is that normal,sorry to sound paranoid but its getting to me as i still dont know if its charging,please help a frustrated old fool.

:? simon

what about volume while your iPod is connected, it is low, how can i make it equal with radio volume ? i have noticed that usb and iPod have also different volume, usb is much higher ... :?

Thanks for the apple store link. My wife's SLK came with the iPod interface (new in Jan) but it was frustrating it didn't charge the iPhone. Those converters were previously only available from the US but I popped into the local Apple store yesterday and picked one up. The only minor niggle is the iPhone prompts for airplane mode but it does charge it. I wish the makers of these interface devices would keep up...

hi again guys just a quick update bought a classis ipod yesterday and its still the same,works perfect but does not charge,also stays on when igntion switched off so wont let the ipod sleep and flattens battery,this is the same i have now checked on 3 different ipods i have tried,on the phone tommorow to opc as its not on.Im sure the fault is with the interface not the ipods,thx guys anyway for your help.

cheers simon :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back