Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door Locking

jezzar1

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there should be (or a way to activate) a bleep when you lock the car.

It is quite annoying that you open and lock the car with the same button as I find myself constantly checking to see if the doors are locked before I leave the car.

I used to own an Audi which gave a 'bleep' when the car has been locked.

Many thanks for you help!

I have the same problem - I have to watch for the double flash, or at night for the interior light to go off.

I believe noises were outlawed (eu?) a while back.

Have you asked an OPC?

+1. I do not have the ame problem with other cars and always confused if my 911 is locked or not....

I'm pretty sure (but I'm not 100% certain) that if the doors are opened and the engine not started within 30 seconds, the car will lock itself again. So as long as you have pressed the lock button once after you get out, the car will end up locked in any case. i.e. if you lock it and then accidentally open it again and walk away it will lock itself.

Does that make sense?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back