Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

minor problems - 997 Cs

a17thc

Hi,

I bought my first 997 in January and so far the experience has been great.
The car still has a OPC warranty until November 2009, but before i visit the garage I was wondering if any of you guys have had any of the problems below :

1. Washing my car on Sunday, I noticed the window thats shows the chasis number on the windscreen was full of soapy water. I did check inside the car but could not find any signs of water.. I did have a tracker fitted in January and the engineer did point point that there was signs of a little water in the passenger footwell (under the carpet)

2. The passenger side seat vibrates a lot when I'm in the car alone. i've had the rear wheels balanced and there was no improvement.. It's an annoying rattle and seems to be coming from the lever that allows you to move the seat forward.

3.. last one, it's been in the garage for the rear exhaust rattle when starting from cold.. They said they cleaned the Cat but the noise is still there. I now start the car and leave it for a minute or so before driving away.. very embarassing when in the works car par.. Surely this cannot be right.

Look forward to your replies and thoughts

None of those sounds right and I certainly have none of your issues. My car is coming up to 4 years old and I have owned it since Feb with 21000 (new engine fitted just before I bought it) All of these should be sorted by the OPC. I take it that your seat adjuster is manual not the electric memory option.

Welcome by the way to the club, great cars :thumb:

sidlo said:
None of those sounds right and I certainly have none of your issues. My car is coming up to 4 years old and I have owned it since Feb with 21000 (new engine fitted just before I bought it) All of these should be sorted by the OPC. I take it that your seat adjuster is manual not the electric memory option.

Welcome by the way to the club, great cars :thumb:

a17thc said:
Hi,
3.. last one, it's been in the garage for the rear exhaust rattle when starting from cold.. They said they cleaned the Cat but the noise is still there. I now start the car and leave it for a minute or so before driving away.. very embarassing when in the works car par.. Surely this cannot be right...

I imagine this is the Auxiliary air pump. Check out this thread on the topic. (You can listen to my noise too!)

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=41315

Had a major service on the car 2 weeks ago and the OPC confirmed the source of the noise. It seems that a lot (but apparently not all) gen 1 997s make the noise and there's nothing that can be done to fix it.

I know what you mean though, and the wife hates the noise - doesn't suit the image at all. At least the racket stops after a minute or so.

:bye:

Hi,

1 - Sounds like a specific problem on your car - not come acorss anything like this before and OPC should fix under warranty I would think.

2 - Common issue - particularly with the sports seats. Not sure there is a fix.

3 - Common issue again. Pos valve or heat shields but many do it. My OPC checked my shields but the noise is still there. Typically the noise disappears after 30 secs or so. I am told it is harmless. No obvioujs fixes that I've heard of.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Hi,

1 - Sounds like a specific problem on your car - not come acorss anything like this before and OPC should fix under warranty I would think.

3 - Common issue again. Pos valve or heat shields but many do it. My OPC checked my shields but the noise is still there. Typically the noise disappears after 30 secs or so. I am told is is harmless. No obvioujs fixes that I've heard of.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Hi,

3 - Common issue again. Pos valve or heat shields but many do it. My OPC checked my shields but the noise is still there. Typically the noise disappears after 30 secs or so. I am told is is harmless. No obvioujs fixes that I've heard of.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

I have a new problem of seeing everything in triplicate :D
:puh:

Pete

How odd.

How odd.

How odd.

a17thc said:
Hi,

1. Washing my car on Sunday, I noticed the window thats shows the chasis number on the windscreen was full of soapy water. I did check inside the car but could not find any signs of water.. I did have a tracker fitted in January and the engineer did point point that there was signs of a little water in the passenger footwell (under the carpet)

Look forward to your replies and thoughts

Not wanting to go for triplicate, on the water ingress. I would suggest getting some glazing sealant pumped around the bottom of the windshield, as there maybe just a small skip at the bottom. Its a lot cheaper to go for that first to see if it solves rather than taking the screen out and starting again.
Big Bob :bye:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back