Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 2 Year warranty cost with new engine after failure

bigfish

Gents

OK...so I will have in a few days my car back...with a new engine with a 2 year warranty

I asked how much to extend this warranty to cover the whole car

£2,650....was Porsche reply.....but will discount to £2,000 as you already have the engine covered under warranty

Any comments from you on this? Is this value for money :eek:

If you are going to thrash the car and drive it aggresively then yes.....just another cost of ownership :wink:

I think it should be even cheaper than that. A new 12 month warranty including the 111pt check is £1450 and I think if you buy 24 months upfront it is around £2k anyway. Where's the discount?

~ Maxie :?

Thats kinda my point....surely with the engine covered thats the big ticket item covered???

Or what else could potentailly go "pop"?

bigfish said:
Thats kinda my point....surely with the engine covered thats the big ticket item covered???

Or what else could potentailly go "pop"?

Lots of other items that are much more expensive that the cost of warranty......what about the gearbox, electrical system, cooling system, suspension etc

Glad you got it sorted - I'd say keep the 2K+ in a reserve and start enjoying your car now!

- In anycase, the engine is now covered for 2 years, which is usually the main reason most get warranty (the biggest cost).

^^^ What he said^^^

You would have to be really unlucky to have more than £2000 worth going wrong that would be covered by warranty in 2 years, so bank the money.

I ran my 996 for 3 years / 50,000 miles without warranty and only spent about £1200 in total on things that would have been covered by the Porsche warranty.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back