Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pappaya Orange C2S

Maxie

Yas Marina
Was travelling up the A1 to see family this evening when I saw a very striking coloured 997 in Pappaya Orange (same hue as some of the Maclaren F1 cars). Has anyone seen this colour before? It certainly looked the part with the black Carrera S wheels with Orange rims and the rear inscription all in black. As soon as he saw me he started playing. Just about managed to keep up!

~ Maxie :)

I think I saw this car in Waitrose Berkhamsted, getting a ticket off plod for having an illegal number plate. Either that or it was the taste police in action.

The number plate was a bit similar to N1KKX. If it's the same car, what's illegal about that? Surely not the lack of spacing between the '1' and the 'K' is it?

~ Maxie :dont know:

Did it have a few X's in the reg?

ETA: cross post! yeh, i've seen that car, looks cool. black wheels, yum. :)

I think it was the spacing - there were three plod in attendance, so it must have been serious.

yep, number plate letter spacing.......serious stuff for plod..

3 sounds like overkill........but I don't have a huge amount of sympathy for people who have private plates that they deliberately mis-space to make them look like something else :hand:.......worse still is when they complain (as the often do on PH) about getting pulled over :floor:

not seen the car - Orange could be interesting - I have to say I like the AMV8 N400 in Orange but wouldn't have the balls to buy one in that colour :lol:

was this the car?

OrangeCarreraS.jpg

This particualr car was displayed (by Porsche) at Goodwood in June 2005 - where i took this pic - and later advertised for sale at Mayfair OPC. £72k iirc. I briefly toyed with the idea of buying it...

It very may well have been Tim. The only difference I notice between your photo and the car I saw were the silver rims being painted the same colour as the body - otherwise these wheels are the same Carrera S ones. The colour coding may have been done by the current owner. Otherwise it's spot on including the black badging at the rear.

~ Maxie

i think it looks rather cool 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back