Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE Fitment in Surrey?

gxprice

Folks,

Will be visiting the UK for a few days week starting 21st March and, if I can get a good deal, would really like to get the PSE fitted to my '05 Carrera (non S). I've had a quote from the local OPC here in Geneva, Switzerland (it's a Swiss car) and they've quoted GBP 2410 (Sfr4,000) and 2 days with the car. This would include the button in the dash.

Does anyone know of any Independents (or otherwise?) that could do a more reasonable deal in the Surrey area (I'll be based around Leatherhead to see the family for 3 or 4 days only before driving back). I'm also going to get the car chipped and can do this here but am happy to add it to the "job sheet" also if it makes sense :)

Best,

Gary (a Brit who's been out for 20 years!)

Camtune in Byfleet are extremely good. They have recently become an official Porsche service centre, after several years as an Indy.

Very highly rated and I'm sure they'd do you a deal if you give them a call.

Going further afield, you've got Paragon (Sussex) and RSJ (Slough).

RSJ are very good and I've not heard any bad reports about Paragon.

Cheers.

GD said:
Camtune in Byfleet are extremely good. They have recently become an official Porsche service centre, after several years as an Indy.

Cheers.

Thought I'd answered this but it hasn't shown up so -

Thanks very much GD - I'll get in contact with Camtune as they seem the way to go from the convenience perspective:) Hopefully, they'll have a good price too :wink:

Gary.

PSE fitted plus additional PSE Info.

GD said:

Cheers.

Just arrived back from the UK and had the PSE fitted at Camtune as suggested. Very efficient, very nice to deal with and a reasonable price (compared to here in Geneva) too.

Obviously, it sounds great :thumb: but some additional info on PSE for those that might like to know:

Unlike the factory fit, the "retrofit" is the wrong way around - the default is "quiet" mode (which I'm pleased about!) and the light is on (Camtune mentioned this and my brother's 996 has the factory fit PSE).

When you enable "loud", it cuts out between 25 and 40 as everyone knows ... but ... did everyone also know that the ECU will enable "loud" all on its own when you floor it above 5000rpm and you are getting on it speed wise. I noticed the light going off and the noise coming on today when on the French autoroute travelling back home. I was around 160 (km/h) when I floored it so I guess it only happens when you are at high speed. Anyway, just for your info.

Apparently, you can't (at least via Camtune) have the 25-40 quiet disabled and still retain the functionality of the on/off button in the console. Bummer.

When you fit the kit, you automatically get the double tips at the back rather than the oval tips. I had them give me the oval tips back since I prefer them and may put them back on if they'll go.

Thanks again for the previous advice,

Best,

Gary.

Re: PSE fitted plus additional PSE Info.

gxprice said:
When you fit the kit, you automatically get the double tips at the back rather than the oval tips. I had them give me the oval tips back since I prefer them and may put them back on if they'll go.
I'm afraid that you'll find that they won't fit - the PSE is a double outlet and the original exhaust only has a single outlet. Only the PSE tips fits the PSE exhaust.

Simon.

Re: PSE fitted plus additional PSE Info.

gxprice said:
Unlike the factory fit, the "retrofit" is the wrong way around - the default is "quiet" mode (which I'm pleased about!) and the light is on (Camtune mentioned this and my brother's 996 has the factory fit PSE).
Thought the default mode is "quiet" for all, both factory fit and retrofit :dont know:

Can anyone else confirm/clarify?

davidwilson11 said:
Is there a way to change the default mode from quiet to sports exhaust mode as standard?

I was told no by the dealer but am not sure if there's a "patch" that anyone's done. Personally, I prefer it the way it is :)

Gary.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back