Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone taking delivery in March?

baxster

Monza
Just wondered if there were many who have a new gen 2 being delivered over the next few weeks. Posted this up on Porsche GB forum and no replies after 30 views so looks as though there could be some pre reg/demo gen 2 bargains on the horizon.

or the Gen II just isn't as pretty as the Gen I ;)

I agree. The rear end just looks wrong to me. I am sure its a marvellous car but I just prefer the look of gen 1 cars. Having said that, it may have its plus points outside of the looks department. If the 998 comes in 2010 then the gen 2 cars are only going to of been produced over a 2 year period where as the 997 gen 1 will of had a 4/5 year run. Fewer gen 2 cars on the road!

Went to my local dealer on the advice of a good friend who has had a long love affair with 911s to drive the new PDK 2S. I have to say it is brilliant! Launch control is amazing and the 7 speed gear box with sports chrono plus is fantastic (probably made some enemies already from the manual gearbox fans!). It was a demo car and did I buy it? No?

There was 2 year old 997 turbo in white available...I'll let you guess what I plumped for. Now just waiting on delivery, first week in March...I can't wait.

baxster said:
Just wondered if there were many who have a new gen 2 being delivered over the next few weeks. Posted this up on Porsche GB forum and no replies after 30 views so looks as though there could be some pre reg/demo gen 2 bargains on the horizon.

I was in the Mayfair OPC yesterday. They have a silver Gen II C2 with some options including PCCB. It had done 4k miles, registered late 2008. £59k.

They also had a very low mileage Gen I C4S, MY2008 for the same price.

~ Maxie

I have a C2S scheduled for production soon for delivery mid-March from Burgess Hill OPC. Ordered late December.

However, I don't have a lot of confidence in the schedules as it is already late due to production slow downs.

Rgds,

production slow downs may not be your only problem now as rumour has it the ferry won't leave port until it is full so they can save on money... :dont know: but who knows...

Maxie said:
baxster said:

I was in the Mayfair OPC yesterday. They have a silver Gen II C2 with some options including PCCB. It had done 4k miles, registered late 2008. £59k.

They also had a very low mileage Gen I C4S, MY2008 for the same price.

~ Maxie

sounds like some great deals out there & I did consider updating to the gen 2 but could not sell my Blue baby & I havn't had it 1 year yet.

I saw one today (A24, Dorking) and not sure about the new look although i think the new engines & pdk is amazing.

Off to the auctions tomorrow to check out some cars I wonder if there will be any Porsche there ??

ResB said:
or the Gen II just isn't as pretty as the Gen I ;)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :puh: Ive had my gen 2 for 3 months now and it gets better looking everytime i look at it. :)

My Travel Agent is taking delivery in March but not a Porsche, a baby boy is expected instead :lol:
Big Bob

I am very busy financing a lot of second hand performance cars right now but very few March delivery factory order cars. In fact I only have a a small number being paid out for Monday.

you'd have to be brave to buy new right now, unless you were keeping it a while. the used market will have to dry up sometime tho'......

Porscheuro said:
production slow downs may not be your only problem now as rumour has it the ferry won't leave port until it is full so they can save on money... :dont know: but who knows...

:? I hope not. But thanks for the heads up. :bye:

I was going to, but couldn't wait so took delivery at the end of January. Gen II Carrera S in white with black wheels and carrera red leather. Got a fantastic trade in on my Gen I 997

PVJ said:
I was going to, but couldn't wait so took delivery at the end of January. Gen II Carrera S in white with black wheels and carrera red leather. Got a fantastic trade in on my Gen I 997

sounds nice :thumb: :thumb:

any pics :?: :?:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back