Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

You dirty, DIRTY girl...

ResB

I couldn't stand it any longer. Just had to clean the car. I'm in agony as it look me 4 hours to wash and chamois it!!! (no scratches, but no wax on the front or rear of the car at all.

Gunna do the exhaust tips tonight whist it's in the garage, then clay, cleaner fluid and wax it....emm, soon...hopefully. Certainly not brilliant. Wonder if Evil_C wants to give me his winning ticket from the recent "Elite Detailing" competition. ;)

Before

1.jpg

1a.jpg

2.jpg

2a.jpg

After

3.jpg

4.jpg

bloody hell! Looks a completely different colour! nice job.

Washed mine today, but luckily had spent about 8 solid hours over the past couple of weekends claying, polishing and then waxing, so today's wash, including the wheels and a damp cloth over the interior to pick up any dust, was done in less than an hour! :)
I'm hoping the wax lasts at least a few months and I can continue with the 'a little often' approach rather than the past few times where it's been at least a few hours every few weeks to a month.

Can't wait to be washing a 911! (but they're bigger, so I will probably regret that comment)

Stu

I used to clean mine at least once or twice a week. It also got a good fettling twice a year by the pro's but I've been putting it off since I bust my shoulder in November! lol :)

4 months of grime has certainly removed the wax but it's done its job well. I must get some wax on it...Perhaps if I do a panel a night. :)

Wife's not happy. :thewife: The :splat: cos I used 2 tea towels to wipe the water off the kitchen floor after I noticed my wash bucket had sprung a leak... :redcard: :help:

[edit]

Hey G, are your buckets really that price. ;) Need to order me some R222 etc....

Hi Resb,

Nice job, but only 4 hours :wink: :wink: a little clean then :wink: I am very sad and personal best so far is 16 hours!!! my wife thinks I have lost the plot, I say very therapeutic.

Alan

alan sweeney said:
Hi Resb,

Nice job, but only 4 hours :wink: :wink: a little clean then :wink: I am very sad and personal best so far is 16 hours!!! my wife thinks I have lost the plot, I say very therapeutic.

Alan

Lol, it was only a wash as dry :).

I once started cleaning my car when the decorator came to redecorate the outside of the house. Window frames, soffits, fascia's, doors etc. This guy, prepared, sanded, undercoated x 2 and glossed the whole house before I finihed cleaning the car!

Definately not done 16 hours though. Possibly 10. :)

Nice pic's :thumb:
Although with Your post title I was kinda hoping for something else :wink:

ldt said:

I know, sorry. :) :thumb:

I'm sure the pics don't do it justice ResB. My brother had those same wheels on his 987 and they are a pig to clean methinks.

~ Maxie :thumb:

Maxie said:
I'm sure the pics don't do it justice ResB. My brother had those same wheels on his 987 and they are a pig to clean methinks.

~ Maxie :thumb:

Nah, the pics are fine. lol It's not the best cleaning job I've done my a long stretch, but it was hard work for sure. The wheels were not fun but to be honest I don't mind them. You can get your hands to every part of the wheel except the rim behind the brake calipers...

Right, another thing to buy. R222, wheel brush and some buckets... :)

I'm a newbie - only had my 911 for a few weeks - and had it washed twice so far...

whats a good wax to use - and what else do i need besides soap, water, spomge and chammy?

ldt said:

+1 :grin:

Although, I didn't see a problem with the first foto, in my eyes thats how they are supposed to look.

Surfrider said:
ldt said:

+1 :grin:

Although, I didn't see a problem with the first foto, in my eyes thats how they are supposed to look.

Right. Gunna go polish the tips. I said tips. ;)

ResB said:
alan sweeney said:
Hi Resb,

Alan

Lol, it was only a wash as dry :).

I once started cleaning my car when the decorator came to redecorate the outside of the house. Window frames, soffits, fascia's, doors etc. This guy, prepared, sanded, undercoated x 2 and glossed the whole house before I finihed cleaning the car!

Definately not done 16 hours though. Possibly 10. :)

Res I hope you moved the car miles away from the house whilst you had the painters in. Tiny bits of paint/sanding dust will float and cover your car...I did my bros the other day and found it was covered in tiny white specs.

Good to see your getting some exercise into the shoulder must be healing. :thumb:

Car looking fab :thumb:

So pleased its not just me.........

alan sweeney said:
Hi Resb,

Alan

I often think i am the only nutter who takes an age to clean my car... there may be hope yet me thinks.... I use the Polished bliss silver werks kit (clean, prime, jet) clay bar etc, what sort of polish do you guys use?

cheers Paul

Chris W said:
Res I hope you moved the car miles away from the house whilst you had the painters in. Tiny bits of paint/sanding dust will float and cover your car...I did my bros the other day and found it was covered in tiny white specs.

Good to see your getting some exercise into the shoulder must be healing. :thumb:

Car looking fab :thumb:

I didn't actually. Probably why it took so long! :)

The shoulder was pretty much redundant when I thought I could flick the hose pipe with my bad arm in the early stages...ouch... :sad:

Just tried to clean the exhaust tips but I need two hands...Tried to remove the tips to bring them in the house, but alas, one arm couldn't undo the bolt...what a wimp... lol

PaulC4S said:
I often think i am the only nutter who takes an age to clean my car... there may be hope yet me thinks.... I use the Polished bliss silver werks kit (clean, prime, jet) clay bar etc, what sort of polish do you guys use?

cheers Paul

Nah, there's plenty of us. I kind of enjoy it to be honest.

As for which wax I use, I use Swissvax "best of Show" but there are numerous other options. Zymol and Zaino to name but a few. Our resident detailer swears by Zaino. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back