Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying a new turbo from a non official OPC?

evodarren

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi, Im looking at a new 997 Turbo from Auto Bahn. It is an unregisterd model so it can be on a 09 plate. Two concerns, it comes with only pcm2 and not the touch screen pcm 3 which i thought was standard from 085 reg. 2nd i have been told this is a C16 UK spec car, can anyone see any problems from not buying from an OPC.

Many thanks

mark pearce said:
Check its a C16 most of their cars have been C98 in the past
If its got PCM 2 its a 2008 model

worth considering this proper 2009 car with PCM3 at Bramley
http://www.911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=765

Hi Mark

That is another one i am looking at . I have got a budget of 100k but it will not be avaliable until march 1st. ost of my money is tied up so im even dont have enough to leave a deposit. Just hoping they will be still for sale in three weeks time.

Darren

I don't believe Bramley sell official C16 cars, ie. they're imports. I might be wrong, but thought that was the case. That's reflected in the price.

Bramley are good garage, so they'll be open and honest about this.

Re: .

evodarren said:
mark pearce said:
Check its a C16 most of their cars have been C98 in the past
If its got PCM 2 its a 2008 model

worth considering this proper 2009 car with PCM3 at Bramley
http://www.911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=765

Hi Mark

That is another one i am looking at . I have got a budget of 100k but it will not be avaliable until march 1st. ost of my money is tied up so im even dont have enough to leave a deposit. Just hoping they will be still for sale in three weeks time.

Darren

Have you spoken with Jamie our resident finance masterguru?

He may not only be able to sort you a bridging loan but actually structure a finance deal that saves you a whole load more and prevent missing out on a potential car.

Why not leave a credit card deposit if you have cash coming your way soon?

There is no real benefit to me doing a deal that is going to settle a few weeks later but feel free if you wanted to discuss what options might be available.

Jamie

evodarren said:
Hi, Im looking at a new 997 Turbo from Auto Bahn. It is an unregisterd model so it can be on a 09 plate. Two concerns, it comes with only pcm2 and not the touch screen pcm 3 which i thought was standard from 085 reg. 2nd i have been told this is a C16 UK spec car, can anyone see any problems from not buying from an OPC.

Many thanks

Hi (sneaked over from the 993 forum)

Why buy a new one today – you could save your self £20k and get a 6 to 9 month old one with about 6k miles

Or £35k off list by buying a 18 month old one???

Same performance, same looks, same enjoyment –loads less deprecation to suffer

I know it is not all about money but buying new today dose not seem the best route to take

vroomvroom said:
evodarren said:

Many thanks

Hi (sneaked over from the 993 forum)

Why buy a new one today – you could save your self £20k and get a 6 to 9 month old one with about 6k miles

Or £35k off list by buying a 18 month old one???

Same performance, same looks, same enjoyment –loads less deprecation to suffer

I know it is not all about money but buying new today dose not seem the best route to take

Have to strongly agree with this one - the market the way it is at the moment is a buyers dream (feel sorry for the sellers though).

I know that sometimes people appreciate being the "only owner" from new but under the current market circumstance i.e. the fact that people are trying to get rid of cars that they suddenly can't afford, a cash offer (assuming you have it) with massive savings is not only possible but highly likely.

Regards,

Gary.

I know it's not financially prudent, but if I could afford a NEW 911, there's no way I'd buy used...

The thing I hate most about my 996 is the fact that I don't know how well it was looked after before I got it: Was it ragged from cold? Did it ever have an accident repair that wasn't claimed through Insurance? When I first got it complete strangers used to flash me (as I bought it with the 'private plate' still on) - what if it had been owned by some right hoodlum and I'd been shot at or something?

So with £100,000 to spend it would have to be new for me, but unless I get lucky in the Lotto that's not likely to happen :sad:

Go for it :thumb:

Oh I totally agree it must be lovely to have a brand new one..first keeper etc.. but for the sake of just the touch screen PCM3 we are talking at least £10k may be £15k lower for a car with less than 5k miles and most likely with PCM3.

I think the nagging factor that my car would be worth £20k less as soon as i'd driven off the forecourt would hinder my purchasde new personally.

Ian

Croydon said:
Oh I totally agree it must be lovely to have a brand new one..first keeper etc.. but for the sake of just the touch screen PCM3 we are talking at least £10k may be £15k lower for a car with less than 5k miles and most likely with PCM3.

I think the nagging factor that my car would be worth £20k less as soon as i'd driven off the forecourt would hinder my purchase new personally.

Ian

Yes, go along with your sentiments (you put it better than I did a few entries up). There's a good reason that wealthy often stay wealthy (current climate notwithstanding!): they "carefully prioritise investments" and don't spend money just because they can. It's not a case of being a miser either, just sensible.

Of course, if you're really THAT wealthy, you may find you NEED to buy new and take the hit to enable the benefit of a substantial tax write-off. When I get there, I'm buying a new Turbo myself (among other various tax beneficial "investments")!

Gary.

I have to laugh at these comments as we seem to have missed a key issue here... where are you going to find all these heavily depreciated used cars if everyone is 'prudent' and won't buy new? :dont know:

Or do you all think that new car buyers are complete numpties?

I have been involved in the car industry for nearly 30 years and fully understand depreciation from both seller and buyer perspectives and I would still buy new every time - IF I could afford the car I most wanted to own.

However, I would (and do) buy used ONLY if it enables me to have my dream car that I couldn't have new, or if it's a workhorse that I don't really have any emotional attachment to.

I would love to have a brand spanking new GT3, and if I could afford it I wouldn't give a flying **** about the depreciation... There is no feeling that compares to collecting a brand spanking new car and knowing that no-one else has driven it (except for on and off the transporter and into the workshop of course) - the new car smell, the clean engine and suspension, the first name on the V5, etc... :thumbs:

(and besides - you wouldn't want Dan to be out of a job on his birthday would you? :thumb: )

Hey fella I am pleased you can buy new and your right the chain has to start somewhere. I was only airing my personal view not being totally comfortable with buying new (if I could afford to).

Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back