Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WTF! Porsche West London

Stuart

Let me start by :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Dropped the car of at OPC west London to get rid of the alarm gremlin and also fix a mystery air con noise.

Picked the car up last night and was very short of time as needed to be somewhere like 20 minute ago.
First off clutch is f'kn heavy, not like it was before but unbelievably heavy, what the hell have they done?!
Next, start her up, air con noise still there, they said they replaced the fan motor but noise is stil there, I must have got the deaf tech guy.
Alarm didn't go off which I guess is a good thing.
Anyway driving home I'm hearing rattling from the glove box then it falls open?! It's not latching properly and the housing is rattling. Not only that but there's scrathes on it now!!!!
So this morning I phone them and book it back in. Drove out to see some family and thought I'd have a closer inspection all round. Scratch above the B pillar on passenger side where someone has lent. AND a bloody ding in the passenger door right down to the metal. Someone has opened the door into something!!!! That was not there before!!!

I'm so bloody angry! What is it with these people?! Before anyone says I should have fully inspected the car before driving off I'm sorry but I don't expect to have to walk around the car with a fine tooth comb. I didn't even have time to go in and complain there and then.

So bloody angry... :saw:

not good :frustrated:

do you have the vehicle inspection report when it was handed over

Nope, just handed the keys over and collected the loan vehicle on initial hand over, on collection there was no inspection report. :dont know: :frustrated:

Shocking news Stuart, sorry to hear this.

I always clean my car before taking her into Mid Sussex OPC, and I get the Service advisor to walk round the car with me, just like they do when they hand the loan car over.

Stuart - that's really shocking to hear and especially at a time when you are selling. It's no wonder that Chiswick OPC got no nominations during the recent polls. Someone from there called me to book my car in for a service but when I said 'no' they asked me why and I simply said 'you were at the bottom of recent polls for customer satisfaction' and quoted the website.

Hope you can get it sorted to your satisfaction.

~ Maxie :pc:

Stuart, that's fecking terrible. Is there absolutely no comeback?

I'm speaking with them first thing Monday morning but have registered my complaint already...

Attachments

• door_ding01_175.jpg
    door_ding01_175.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 3,703
  • door_ding02_109.jpg
    door_ding02_109.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 3,703
  • b_pillar_roof_scratch_168.jpg
    b_pillar_roof_scratch_168.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 3,703
  • glovebox_01_152.jpg
    glovebox_01_152.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 3,703
Maxie said:
Stuart - that's really shocking to hear and especially at a time when you are selling.

Oh, and Maxie, I'm not selling anymore, not for the time being anyway :thumb:

Stuart, thats just shocking, hope you get it sorted.

- Simon

Stuart said:
Maxie said:
Stuart - that's really shocking to hear and especially at a time when you are selling.

Oh, and Maxie, I'm not selling anymore, not for the time being anyway :thumb:

Good to hear - The not selling bit that is...

Drop me a PM if you need a hand to getting this sorted...

Not surprised by this thread at all.

I got my car serviced by them and got my car back with a fault.

They then charge me £650 for the pleasure.

Taking them to small claims court at the end of the month....fingers crossed.

This story started Oct 2007 !!!!!

Why the heavy clutch tho. What could be the cause of that ?

Stuart!

Really sorry to hear this mate!

Hope it gets sorted very easily and quickly and without hassle and pain!

It is sad that I use a local garage .. top mechanic .. as in a real mechanic not a "box checker" and then probably on resale it will get penalised as no OPC history!

Yet I think most of us know that an OPC is not a great recomendation!!

Good luck !!

my only regret about porche ownership is my high expectations of opc.
in my 3 years of ownership i have been conned- lied to and disrespected by the jumped up morons in suits. i hope my local opc demises in the credit crunch and the jumped up n*bb*ers come round to ours for a job!
I would value a car higher if it has been looked after by a real mechanic who realises the care and trust we put in them. Like i say - iwont ever darken the opc revolving door again. if i need the parts counter i will send a friend as it sends me in to a hot sweat. rant over. :frustrated:

Damn, sorry to hear this.

I had the same thing with a Corrado I put into service at a VW Dealer. A ding on the door, various scratches around the body.

I'll tell you now, I got absolutely nowhere and they thought I was trying it on.

Good luck but I warn you now, you'll have to kick up a major stink and provide before and after photographs before they'll do anything about.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back