Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 crank time and oil pressure

Greg P

On cold days my 997.2 can take 2-3 seconds to fire compared to my previous 996 that ALWAYS started pretty much immediately. Anybody else had anything similar before I take it back to the dealer for a checkup.
The oil pressure also runs much lower in the 997 rather my 996. My dealer said that this was normal, since the 996 ran at constant pressure, whereas the 997 pressure is variable (or of course he could just be bullshitting me).

For sure he is *******g you !!! My 996 c4s ran at 5 bar when cold and when nicely warmed up, 2 bar there or thereabouts... My 997 runs at over 5 bar when cold and just under 5 when warm and that is with the oil stick reading low.. (its going for 4 year service on mon so i thought there was no need to top up !!).... I suppose all engines run slightly differently..

Hi Greg, My Gen 2 C2S can sometimes take a couple of seconds to start when cold. Also my pressure does seem lower than a 997 gen 1.

Don't think you have too much to worry about.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back