Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What is the maximum speed you guys have had out of your 997?

bg259

I got 151mph, the car could have kept going, but I would rather keep my licence !!! Will have to wait till an autobahn to get top speed !!

If we're talking speedo readings - 196mph, with quite a bit left, from the GT3. Official top speed 193, but the gearing allows you to hit a true 207mph at the redline if you can find a nice downhill bit. Apart from the mind boggling closing speeds to other vehicles (such as a German police car doing about 50mph! - they waved to us and smiled as we passed... only in Germany! :D ), it was quite a relaxed experience as the car was very stable and secure.

Re: What is the maximum speed you guys have had out of your

bg259 said:
I got 151mph, the car could have kept going, but I would rather keep my licence !!! Will have to wait till an autobahn to get top speed !!

That was on a very long private road right? :wink: Wouldn't want the :cop: to be watching an open forum...

speedy_un said:
70mph on the M25. Very stable, felt like there was more to come.

70mph on the M25 - never :wink:

I got her up to 69mph, then she clicked onto 70mph. Very satisfying.

Oh yes, it was on my private racetrack at my home.. you may have heard of it... Silverstone....

Re: What is the maximum speed you guys have had out of your

bg259 said:

Hmmm... So 151 mph is OK, but faster is risking your licence? :?:

Those sort of speeds in the UK are not clever with the majority of cars around you being driven by people that believe nobody will be coming up behind them any faster than 72 mph!

Also, it wouldn't be the first time someone has been successfully prosecuted for something they put on the Internet. Keep it legal (or keep it quiet!).

Can I suggest you go on the 'Ring trip or something if you really want to find out how fast it (or you) will go?

bg259 said:
Oh yes, it was on my private racetrack at my home.. you may have heard of it... Silverstone....

If it is a standard C2 Cab and you hit 151 at Silverstone... :worship:

Since my incident with Hampshire Constabulary I tend to leave it in 2nd! :cop:

It was acutally in a different country.... i wont say which.. as soon as I came back to england it was on cruise at 75mph... (which in real terms is prob 71mph) as the speedos are generally off.... Attempting anything over 80mph in this country will more than not, get you in trouble... I did keep getting passed by mondeo man though!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back