Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

short shift kit 997

davidwilson11

Hi all,

thinking about going for the short shift kit for a 997, does anyone have one of these items fitted. i have had them on previous cars not Porsche and they were okay but not that good i would go and recommend them.

has anyone got any experience of these items, how good they actually work and whats the best one to go for/

thanks in advance.

I have the factory short shifter fitted to my 997 and love it. The throw is quite short and is well matched with the clutch travel especially when driven quickly. When cold, the shift can be a bit difficult, just the first few minutes tho. IMHO, it's one of the best options for MT cars.

rennsport said:
I have the factory short shifter fitted to my 997 and love it. The throw is quite short and is well matched with the clutch travel especially when driven quickly. When cold, the shift can be a bit difficult, just the first few minutes tho. IMHO, it's one of the best options for MT cars.

I concur. Best upgrade I've done on my 997 C2S. Do it. :thumb:

Mine also had the optional Sports Shift. Fantastic bit of kit, especially if you enjoy a few enthusiastic runs. :)

As above tho, gears 1 and 2 can be a bit of a pain when its cold!

How much is a short shift kit?

Had one fitted to my 996tt.... recently had a go in a 996tt with stock shifter and couldny believe how lose, long, and generally imprecise it felt !

997ssk is a great upgrade imo... albeit, if i didnt have wtee considerations I'd have gone with the Manthey SSK from JZM.

A local Indy fitted the OEM Porsche version to mine for about £350 I think it was..

I had a quote yesterday from an OPC (on a 997 TT) and it was £402.00, I heard as above its a great bit of kit although can be a tad notchy in traffic until really warmed up.

Ian

The kit on ebay listed above~? Has anyone tried it.. is it any good??

Give Paul at the Porscheshop a bell. Might be able to do something for you.
I've certainly noticed the impact of cold weather on selecting the lower gears.
Regards Big Bob

EMB Short Shift kit (EBAY)

Has anyone fitted one of these and if so, what is it like and is it a difficult job to fit?

The gearshift is the only thing abbout my 997 C2S that I don't like. I had the short shift kit on my Audi TT 2.0TFSI and it was brilliant!

I had one on my old 987s and liked it although it was quite notchy when cold. My wife did not like it. I was going to get one retro fitted on my C4s but wanted to see how the normal lever throw was. The result is that I am not going to bother, it really is no better. If the throw was smoother yes it would be but on my old 987s it was not.
Please bear in mind that some boxes move more freely than others so if you have a really smooth gear box at the moment then I would probably have it fitted. My c4s is slightly notchy from 1st to second when cold so I thought it would be a bad idea.

I emailed the guys on EBAY and asked what the fitting time should be and they have quoted 1 hour, this seems awfully quick, is it really that easy?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back