Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pants SatNav 0n 54 997 - Who can help

bigfish

Ok, as title says not liking the satnav. I am sure I have read that there is a disc that can upgarde the software to make is useful & use postcodes etc

Anyone have such a disc or advise how I can urm, well you know,,,kinda borrow it :D

Thanks for your help

Bigfish, you don't upgrade the software by downloading it from a disc. You would need to buy the disc to run it constantly and I've seen prices of £450 for the disc itself.

Pete

Arh I see...I presumed it was held on some ROM type material, as you would a £100 SAT NAV device

So...I need to urm.."borrow" someones back up disc then :D :D

Someone has obviously "borrowed" my spare disk as I've only one.

There is only one with the system so really there is no real way round. I haven't heard of anyone copying a disc though :?: but I would imagine there are security features which makes this difficult and illegal. :cop: :lock:

You'll have to get your wallet out I'm afraid.

Pete

there's a bloke on here that mentions he is able to supply these discs. No idea if they're originals or legal.

Even the latest discs don't have full postcode facility :nooo:

garyw

£100 TomTom is waaaaaaaayyyyyyy better and cheaper.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back