Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which Tracker?

c10vet

Hi all - and a Happy 2009 to you all! :D

I am due to collect my 2005 997 C2S Tip tomorrow (my first 911 so I don't expect much sleep tonight :sleepy: ). My insurer Privelege wants a tracker fitted to cover me (and other Insurance quotes are all £hundreds off).

Do you have any recommendation of which tracker to get? Do I just go for the Tracker Monitor for £300 or so installed plus £125 subs? Or is it worth going further upscale to a Horizon or even Response?

Any input will be much appreciated! :thumbs:

Thanks.

Check with the dealer/ owner as there is a good chance it may already have a tracker fitted as was the case with mine. I then rang up the company Trackstar and they tracked it for a day to confirm it was active and I only had to pay a subscription.

TB :thumb:

Check with your insurer as they normally specify a min standard of kit, mine did.

Cunno said:
Check with your insurer as they normally specify a min standard of kit, mine did.

ditto to that

as oddly enough mine didn't say a Tracker was required even though I have a Cat 5 system and then only got a few quid off my quote

How much is their system please?.

tbrown said:
Check with the dealer/ owner as there is a good chance it may already have a tracker fitted as was the case with mine. I then rang up the company Trackstar and they tracked it for a day to confirm it was active and I only had to pay a subscription.

TB :thumb:

Thanks TB! Checked today with the dealer and it turns out there was a Tracker fitted originally!! Just need to call them when ownership changes to me later this week!

THANKS !!! :thumbs:

No probs but it won't save you any money as you will now go out and spend
the cash on some other Porsche part!!!! to upgrade your pride and joy. :lol:

TB

LOL!! :floor:

I have a strange feeling you will be absolutely correct....!

Cheers,

Chris.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back