Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MQ wants to buy a 997 Carrera or C2S

MQ

Hi huys hope you have all had a great Christmas and New Year celebrations.

I'm looking to buy back into the Porsche brand and get myself a 997, can anyone tell me if there is a big difference between the Carrera and the C2S. I've seen a Carrera in Guards Red and I think it's just lovely, but should I find a C2S instead?
http://www.dealers.motortrak.com/detail?template=/zoom/zoom20&vid=14486755&lang=en

PS I'm also after a new shape Boxster 2.7 Tiptronic for the misses, around 3 or4 years old and willing to pay upto 15k.

There's some beautiful cars out there at great prices and since my move to France is on hold thanks to the Euro being so strong I may as well get myself a new toy.

Regards, Marcus

Marcus Quigley said:
Hi huys hope you have all had a great Christmas and New Year celebrations.

I'm looking to buy back into the Porsche brand and get myself a 997, can anyone tell me if there is a big difference between the Carrera and the C2S. I've seen a Carrera in Guards Red and I think it's just lovely, but should I find a C2S instead?
http://www.dealers.motortrak.com/detail?template=/zoom/zoom20&vid=14486755&lang=en

PS I'm also after a new shape Boxster 2.7 Tiptronic for the misses, around 3 or4 years old and willing to pay upto 15k.

There's some beautiful cars out there at great prices and since my move to France is on hold thanks to the Euro being so strong I may as well get myself a new toy.

Regards, Marcus

Strictly CarreraS my buddy! :thumb:

I might sell you my C2S if the offer was right. ;)

Hi Marcus

Happy New Year

C2S obv has the biggest powerplant (3.8)versuss the 3.6 on the C2 so that gives you an extra 35bhp....

As they seem to be going for similar money I'd probably go for the S as it should be more desirable come resale :thumb:

But I do like that Guards Carrera.......if the price is right then it shouldn't make too much difference in the real world.

I 'd avoid C2 even at the cheaper end of the spectrum, they dont sell anywhere near as quickly as the Carrera S 3.8,
They 3.8's are so much better, better brakes, better lights ( old 996 turbo brake and bi xenons)

Much as I think Guards Red looks good, its not easy to sell, ( i had a lovely 5000 mile car for 9 months, a friend had a guards red with aerokit for 12 months and both were very hi spec) i certainly would advise against it

C2S Marcus ! :thumb:

I know you have had one, but the 996 C4S look a cheap car these days ! :?:

C2S - have a look in this 997 forum as the Q has been asked many times before. I should save my standard reply for a cut and paste job!!

Also, don't listen to uuf361, he doesn't even own a Porsche anymore.

Jamie said:

:thumb:

Thanks everyone great help and info as always.

Big thanks to Mark re Guards Red and Carrera being hard to sell. It just looks such a tidy car but I'll leave my heart out of it and use my head to decide on a C2S probably in Black or Silver (boring I know but sensible)

Dan - Wouldn't want the same car twice if you know what I mean, I had the guy who bought mine off me asking if I wanted to buy it back at absolutely crazy cheap money and I was very tempted but declined.

ResB - I don't think an offer from me is right ATM and I would probably upset you with the way these things have de-valued and I wouldn't wish to do that to another fellow forum member. Thanks though.

There are some 667 911's less than 5 years old on Autotrader, that's a lot of sellers and only so many buyers and in these times I should be able to get a great car for the money.

My spec that I would like - xenons (a must), sports exhaust and sport chrono, not bothered about shat nav or the other crap they put in these cars. I always believe a £100 TomTom is a lot better and I'll get a Bluetooth phone kit installed. I can't believe the amount of nice expensive motors that drive around and the people who drive them have a mobile phone in their hand and they think privacy glass makes them invisible. Doh... get a kit fitted people before you kill someone.

Any suggestions for low rate loans/Personal lease?

Cheers all, Marcus

Jamie said:
C2S - have a look in this 997 forum as the Q has been asked many times before. I should save my standard reply for a cut and paste job!!

:hand: Jamie

I said C2S :p

Marcus Quigley said:
Dan - Wouldn't want the same car twice if you know what I mean, I had the guy who bought mine off me asking if I wanted to buy it back at absolutely crazy cheap money and I was very tempted but declined.

Nothing wrong with that if its cheap enough !

Loan/lease wise, have you had a chat with Jamie ?

Daniel said:
Loan/lease wise, have you had a chat with Jamie ?

Having recently just been helped out by Jamie for a 997 C2S, I can def reccomend him very highly!! And also echo the other views already expressed re the C2S - awesome car!! I too previously had a late 996 C4S and I very much prefer the 997 C2S - it's like night and day!

Steve

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back