Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

19" 997 GT2/GT3 Alloys

hoopsporker

Other than paying huge amounts from a main dealer - does anyone know where i could source 19" 997 GT2 or GT3 alloys from. I dont mind if they are replicas as long as they look the same and are the correct offsets etc. Any advice is much appreciated.

Attachments

• media_1_149.jpeg
    media_1_149.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 8,417
Design911

Thanks Cunno - ive just asked you the same question on the other topic - sorry for repetition!! Have you personally used design911 and do you rate them???

No never used this company, but they have been around for a good few years. I take it that the silver Gt3 is your new toy, and you are looking to set up, a set of trackday wheels?
If so, it mite pay to have a word with your local indy,and start that all important relationship.

I wish mine was a GT3!! Actually - mine is a 997 C2S - but im wanting to put the GT2/3 alloys on and the front/rear GT3 bumpers.

They come up every so often on ebay also.

There was a genuine set for £1500 before Christmas

I actually went to see design911 this morning and i have to say they were really nice people. The owner (Karl i think was his name) was a little matter of fact and to the point but at least i knew where i stood. But i was impressed with them enough to have a full set of GT2/3 wheels and tyres fitted there and then!! Martin, a Polish guy there, fitted them for me and he was a really great bloke. The owner did me a great deal and ive come away really happy and shall definitely be spending more money with them. Suffice it to say the wheels/tyres look awsome and have transformed the cars look and stance. The offsets were slightly different to the stock Carrera S alloys i had on the car so they sit out further and perfectly fill the arches at the back (car looks mean and wide as hell from behind!!) - so no need to put spacers on the rear. The fronts still sat in slightly so we added 5mm spacers at the front and the car looks great. Ive gone with the Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas as i had them fitted to my 335i M Sport and was really impressed with them. Overall very happy. Im going back to design911 next week to look at having an exhaust fitted. Will get some pics taken and upload asap. In the meantime my 19" Carrera S alloys are still for sale. Thanks for all the advice on this forum.

I've had both good and bad service from them and only passing on information so others can make an informed choice. Glad your experience was positive :thumb:

hoopsporker said:
I actually went to see design911 this morning and i have to say they were really nice people. The owner (Karl i think was his name) was a little matter of fact and to the point but at least i knew where i stood. But i was impressed with them enough to have a full set of GT2/3 wheels and tyres fitted there and then!! Martin, a Polish guy there, fitted them for me and he was a really great bloke. The owner did me a great deal for cash and ive come away really happy and shall definitely be spending more money with them. Suffice it to say the wheels/tyres look awsome and have transformed the cars look and stance. The offsets were slightly different to the stock Carrera S alloys i had on the car so they sit out further and perfectly fill the arches at the back (car looks mean and wide as hell from behind!!) - so no need to put spacers on the rear. The fronts still sat in slightly so we added 5mm spacers at the front and the car looks great. Ive gone with the Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas as i had them fitted to my 335i M Sport and was really impressed with them. Overall very happy. Im going back to design911 next week to look at having an exhaust fitted. Will get some pics taken and upload asap. In the meantime my 19" Carrera S alloys are still for sale. Thanks for all the advice on this forum.

:useless: :puh:

I have used them and they were fine...The guy i spoke to was very patient and helpful on the phone..they have a good website too..
I had more problems with porscheshop!
Maybe they all have different moods on different days...but i generally find that noone likes giving a refund or any kind of return..

Can you post some pics up of the car with the new wheels, im considering some of these myself! :)

searchfunction said:
hoopsporker said:
The owner did me a great deal for cash and ...

That's naughty.

Better the money being in his pocket !

Look very good !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back