Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Key fob locking

zyquix

Hi - Apologies if this is obvious, but I cannot get the key fob on my 997 MY 2006 to operate correctly after not using the car for over a week. I beleive that there is a way in which one can re-sync the key with the car, but I cannot remember how to do this. I can still get in / out with the key and everything else works fine, just not the fob entry. Any ideas much appreciated.

zyquix, if you have the Drivers Manual on p223 (of mine) it says:

1. Unlock the drivers door with the key at the door lock. Leave the door closed in order to prevent the alarm system from being triggered.
2. Press button 1 on the remote control.

The remote control is now activated again.

Pete

Pete - Thanks for the reply. I do have the manual and what it says looks straightforward, but doesn't appear to work. I do know that there is a process (not in the manual as far as I can see!) whereby the key can be re-set with the car which might help me. Thanks again.
Duncan

Duncan, I'm sorry that your problem persists. I've only had my 997, which is my first Porsche, for a couple of months and haven't had to fix anything yet luckily. If you bear with other 911ukers you'll find the answer. Have you tried searching for the problem using the Search Forum. I've read of other people with the same problem.

Sorry I couldn't have been of any more help. One tip though don't leave it more than 7 days next time :hand: and you'll never have the same problem. Drive it!

Pete

Simply open the door manually, and start the car. After that your key will function normally.
The 997 goes into "hibernation" mode after 5 days to save the battery. It works - I've left mine for up to 5 weeks and never had a flat battery

:thumbs: +1.

I can leave mine for weeks also but use a battery conditioner. My 996 would just die without it so always now use it on the 997.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back