Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sport design wheels

edward113

I have read on another forum that the 19" sport design wheels are an absolute nightmare to keep clean and they only look good on the day you get the car unless you are prepared to invest 3 hours a week cleaning them.

This seems a little extreme to me has anyone else found this to be the case?

Edward

Hi Edward

They dont look too bad tbh, much easier than the earlier Sport Design 18". The secret to making wheels easy to clean and looking good is to give them a thorough clean off the car, claying where possible, then a good multi-layering of wheel wax/seal e.g. Chemical Guys Wheel Wax which will prevent dirt and brake dust from bonding to the wheel.

I use Meguiars Wheel brightener for extreme cleaning (must be used quickly) which makes any dirt fall off and then apply at least 2 layers of sealant. For weekly clean most dirt comes off easily with shampoo and mitt, then give them a good hosing down. For an intermediate clean without the harshness I use P21S Autowash which removes grease/road film. This worked on my BMW wheels which had awkward twin spokes and deep bolt recesses.

All products above readily available from various online retailers.

edward113 said:
I have read on another forum that the 19" sport design wheels are an absolute nightmare to keep clean and they only look good on the day you get the car unless you are prepared to invest 3 hours a week cleaning them.

This seems a little extreme to me has anyone else found this to be the case?

Edward

Just get them well sealed and washing will be a breeze.

This stuff is dead easy to use, basically spray on and walk away easy! Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal

How old is your car?

Thanks guys that's very useful. Don't have one yet just thinking ahead to the spring, finaces permitting.

edward113 said:
Thanks guys that's very useful. Don't have one yet just thinking ahead to the spring, finaces permitting.

I will permit it, just give me a call :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back