Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Praise for OPC Chester

Hammy999

I have to tell you my experience with Chester OPC as OPC's often get a hard time and on this occasion were above and beyond what I could have hoped for. I am based in the Isle of Man so taking my car for its annual major service was never going to be as easy as driving down the road. I had phoned Chester the week before to say that it need 2 new rad's and did they have them in stock as I was sailing to Heyshem the night before driving down to Chester dropping the car off, then driving back that evening to get the overnight boat back. So didn't want to get there and they say they had to order rad's and bring the car back not least because of the boat cost.

Dropped the car off at 0830 (took loan car and went shopping!!!) got called at 10.00 by sales to see if I wanted to test drive a 997 C4S they had in, so made arrangements for that later in the day. 11.30 called to say my car needed RMS and 6 coil packs and would be an 8 hour job! Followed by could they keep the car I explained not possible as needed to get back, they put me on hold then said they could get the RMS and coils done by 17.30 and the car would be ready. Went back had the test drive drank lots of their drink (nice car just £55k !!!). Did more shopping went to pick the car up at 17.30 RMS coil packs done on warranty service bill a little cheaper due to vat :D .

THEN I mentioned the rad's oops there had been a miss communication and they hadn't been done sales manager came out most of staff heading home at this point. He starts with could they keep the car I said needed to get to the boat by midnight.Off he went came back 5 mins later He arranged for 2 guys to stay back and 1 1/2 hours later 2 new rad's fitted and me heading to Heyshem arrived 4 hours early for the boat so went for a play in the car.

The service at Chester OPC was fantastic the staff were all welcoming a very good overall experience I would recommend them. Sorry is such a long read :oops:

Nice report, good to hear good things about an OPC for a change.

A couple of questions... :?:

Why OPC Chester when your ferry docked at Heysham, there must be at least 3 other OPCs nearer?

What is the C4S like compared to the M5, especially on the IOM with no speed limits?

Hi bubbles

Good question I booked the car in first after already altering the date once due to circumstances and only when I booked the boat did I find out that it only sails to Liverpool at the weekend in the winter. Otherwise would have been a 2 hour sailing to Liverpool and a quick trip to Chester.

The biggest difference is top speed I used to get 147mph along the mountain mile can only manage 135mph in the C4S along the same stretch. The C4S feels really good on the tight twisty bits and the M5 just felt much bigger but a phenomenal car with loads of power felt quicker than the C4S.

Chester also made me a good offer for my car which was more of a suprise. Not the silly amounts I have heard talked about.

It's amazing how good/nice/supportive the OPC's are becoming now :lol: ....one + aspect of the credit crunch. :thumbs:

Hopefully when the CC is over though they won't quickly forget what customer service actually means :lol:

I've had a lot of good dealings with Chester also :lol:

They actually rang me up last week about a £55k C4s they had apparently just got in? Was it black with black leather and red seat belts?

I had a reasonable offer on trade in also which was nice, but then they dont have to bend you over like the likes of Henry @ 911 virgin as they are selling lots of cars :D

That was the very same black with black and red belts plus a couple of nice extras :)

Thought so, sounds like a nice motor all be it a little over priced :wink:

It would be a purchase I would consider, although I could see that same car losing a good £15k in the not so distant future.

I'm toying with the idea of getting out of the 911 at the moment to fund a little "venture", which might see me in a Turbo by that time 8)

Dream on gilford, dream on................... lol

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back