Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First Porsche 997 carrera 2s or 997 turbo

evodarren

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi im new on this forum and im looking to purchasing a 997 Carrea 2S or a 997 turbo. Cant stretch to new so it will have to be second hand. This will be my first 911 and i was wondering is ther much difference between the two to justify the additional cost.

Any advice welcom.

Thanks Darren

Hi Darren and welcome! How old is second hand for you? The earliest 997 C2S can now be had for £35k whilst the earliest 997 TT for £70k. So there's still a gulf in terms of price between them. Having said that, there's a gulf in performance between them as well. Tell us what you require, what is your budget, other costraints such as re-saleability, colour, spec and we should be able to guide you from there.

~ Maxie :thumb:

Hi Ive seen a couple of turbo at £67,000 upwards, first year 06-56, or around £45,000 for the carrera 2S.

People who have driven both would say that the C2S is a more enjoyable and involved drive. I have heard that the Turbo is awesome in terms of raw power but a bit boring.

As said, a £20K+ difference in cost is not marginal. Perhaps best to look at both options and have a drive?

Jamie said:
I have heard that the Turbo is awesome in terms of raw power but a bit boring.

Depends on your idea of boring ?
I can't yet say I've taken mine out for a 'drive' and found it boring :hand: but each to their own

garyw

Isn't this a bit like comparing apples with oranges?

Evo magazine don't even put them in the same category; they class the C2S as a coupe/GT and the TT as a supercar and both get 5 stars (unlike the 997.2 C2S which drops half a star for "losing a little of the 911 magic")

A basalt black TT is definitely on my wish list when I can afford to move up, but the £20k difference in price means that it will remain there for quite a while.

And in the meantime I will continue to lurve my C2S to bits :D

Clive

Never really thought about a TT but drove one recently on a Porsche driving day and was very impressed. They are seriously quick and although not quite as "involved" as a C2S it was very tempting

I accept that my use of the word boring probably wasn't best put.

I've never driven a 997 Turbo, and I own a C2S so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

The opinions that have been passed to me are by people that have driven both but own neither.

Later poster put it more accurately that the C2S is more involved than the turbo but as I said everyone you ask cannot fail to find the speed and power on the turbo awesome

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back