Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newly purchased 997 + PSE question

jacob

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a 997 Carrera S and have a question regarding the Sports Exhaust.

In 1st and 2nd gear - it turns itself off under hard acceleration and then comes back on at 4k revs.

Is this normal?

Oh, and a few pictures of my new car......

LondonAW08139.jpg

LondonAW08142.jpg

Don't know anything about exhaust!

Car looks lush from the front...

Not my cup of tea from the back!!

IMHO

Steve

Due to drive by noise regulations PSE default to the quiet mode between 25 and 40 MPH, hence your query

You can turn this function off and put the exhaust into a permanent loud mode

Open the rear lid,
kneel down on the drivers side of the car,
look into the engine above the air filter box and you will see the smetallic coloured induction pipes,
infront of them theres a black box mounted on a steel bracket with a y shaped pipe coming away from it
above the pipe there a a small black plug with a brown top, unplug the top plug and use a cable tie to secure

Hey presto
permanent loud mode
which sounds louder than normal inmho

Very nice looking car Jacob!

I too recently purchased a very similar looking car but in silver.

Thanks for the heads up on the exhaust Mark!

Regards

Looks well. :thumb:

I might try the hack tomorrow, maybe even tonight. :)

That car really looks good and I love the colour coded wheels :thumb:

And to echo previous posts, thank you Mark for the tip on how to disable the PSE cutout. This is a definite job for the weekend and I'm sure that if Jamie can do it, then so can I :lol:

Clive

Steady on there, me get my hands dirty in the engine bay, I think not. The OPC did it for me.

It does look easy though

Hi Guys!

First post on this great & informative forum now that I am a very proud owner of my first Porsche...a brand new Gen 2 black 997 C4S (with lots of added bits!)

I am loving the car but would like more noise from the PSE at low speed as discussed in this thread. I tried to follow the very clear instructions from 'mark pearce' but I appear to be a complete idiot as I can't find the black plug with the brown top???!

Any chance of an idiots guide...maybe even a quick camera phone pic of the plug?? :D

Cheers!
L

Don't know about the PSE on a gen 2 but any chance of some pics especially of the red stripe on the C4S, really curious.

Thnx

Will try and take some pics this weekend...weather permitting!!!...however the red stripe on the back of that big arse looks great!

I am now informed that I have to wait until Feb 09 to retro fit PSE.

L

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back