Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back to a Porsche 997?

steverobb73

Trainee
OK, so I didn't really take to the 996 that I had previously, but now find myself really missing it..... Therefore I am once more preparing for anothe bout of Porsche ownership. This time I will likely go for an early 997 C2S tip (I previously owned a 53 plate 996 C4S tip) and would appreciate owners thoughts on the following:

1. Is there a big difference between the 996 and the 997 in terms of everyday driving.
2. Is it the same auto gearbox on the 997 that was in the 996.
3. I previously went for a 996 C4S for the road holding and stability, is there the same need for this in the 997 or has the C2S been improved.
4. Is there anything on the early 997's that should be watched out for? I once had an early RR Sport and it was a nightmare, they never really sorted them out until a few years afterinitial production....

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

no real problems with 911, as they are an evolution of the previous range

C4S to C2S means the switch from 2wd to 4wd which will feel different

You will find a 997 C2S an improvement in every sense from a 996 and specifically a 996 C4S.

The handling is superb and depsite only being 2wd, keeps you nice and safe, however you drive it.

No real issues with the 997, very pleasant ownership experience and 20,000 mile / 2 year service intervals.

The interior is lovely.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back