Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Condorman (1981) Film, featuring 911 Turbo's

newdad

Im not sure if this has been brought up before but on a more serious note :
could frank spencer really out drive 3 proffesionaly trained killers driving black 911's (one being a flat nose turbo i think) in a kit car as depicted the 1980's feature Condor Man?

a classic film !

Attachments

• 911uk_condor3_146.jpg
    911uk_condor3_146.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 32,394
  • 911uk_condor2_726.jpg
    911uk_condor2_726.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 32,394
  • 911uk_condor1_742.jpg
    911uk_condor1_742.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 32,394
The paintwork on the bonnet obviously made it go quicker...the pork never stood a chance against condorman.... :wink:

I think you must be right about the painting on the bonnet making it go quicker. But is it dipicting a diving condor or Magnums Tash?

Mind you how could the rear wing on the flat nose not made it quicker?!
Probally the 500kg of down force it must have generated slowed the badies down!

I remember one of the baddies had a chrome eye which I thought was very sinister at the time...

I think it was the film "no mans land" which turned me on to Porsches as an impressionable nipper.

Not to mention a very cute girl at school who's Dad had a white 911 :oops:

oh yeh i rember the chrome eye! found this on google!

As for the 911's I was aready crazy for porches before 1981.
Two uncles, one with an early silver 911 turbo who used pin me to the seat in it and his brother who had a brand new met blue 928 with chequered seats at the same time were responsable for that in the late 70's!
Can rember me and my 3 cousins pre safety awareness days used to all go out in the 928, 1 in the front 2 in the back and one in the boot!! Sometime we used to go 2 up in the boot as this was deemed a prized perch flat on yr back looking up at the sky through the glass lid as we roared around! :thumbs:

Re: Condorman (1981) Film

newdad said:
could frank spencer really out drive 3 proffesionaly trained killers driving black 911's (one being a flat nose turbo i think) in a kit car as depicted the 1980's feature Condor Man?

That Flatnose looks like a 935 Replica, with the broader rear wheel arches and long rear spoiler.

v sinister!

Very sinister indeed!!!
Does any one know if a rotating radar kit is available like said baddies motor?!!

Carnewal, Porsche Shop maybe?? :batman:

:floor:

I've got this on DVD, must dig it ut and watch it :mrgreen:

If I'm being honest, then this is the film that got me forever hooked into Porsche. With the amount I have spent on mine, if I ever meet Michael Crawford I'm not sure whether to shake his hand or marmalise him.

Max

DP Motorsport 935 K3 Kremer

tedzwedz said:
newdad said:

That Flatnose looks like a 935 Replica, with the broader rear wheel arches and long rear spoiler.

v sinister!

DP motorsport still make the Kremer K3 935 Racer bodywork, they designed it and built it for Kremer racing, which is something I found out the other day

http://www.dp-motorsport.de/31.html?L=1&detailid=465&product=17

The history dp motorsport
Ekkehard Zimmermann has acquired the know-how and delicate touch necessary for a performance of this calibre in more than thirty years of practical design and model construction. His first results – spoiler modifications of a Porsche 911 – had already attracted the interest of the Kremer Brothers who run a Porsche workshop in Cologne and have been highly committed to car racing.

In 1975 he developed a completely new Porsche 911 racing body for the Kremers – and these novel 911 dp models figured large on German racing tracks and won several titles. In 1979 a Kremer dp modification of the Porsche 935, the 'K3" (with Klaus Ludwig as one of its pilots) even succeeded in winning the 24 Hours of Le Mans. But the K3 types did not stop at controlling racing championships, they participated with similar success in the US IMSA series.

looks incredible

I love those flat BBS wheels too!

Bet its expensive for a new one!

Classic Video, Condorman v Porsche

1980 classic, apart from the dubbing, a 911 trip down memory lane, as one for the 1st introductions to the marque for me :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back