Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dodgy Car??

PH SCAM ALERT! :pc:

It's an 0707 number = premium rate call :eek: :hand:

He's probably already racked up half that amount if he's advertised it in enough places!

And a 070 private number probably linked to Nigeria ...bet I can negotiate them down to £20k for a quick deal :floor:

I saw a similar scam on Autotrader once, and reported it to them, they pulled the advert. :lock:

PH advert pulled. I didn't know 0707 numbers were premium rate - so they're not free calls if you have a number of monthly free minutes on your mobile contract?

~ Maxie :?

I think the 0707 numbers on PH are some sort of privacy option now... Don't know what the implications are for either buyer or seller though.

As I understand it, 070 numbers are all premium rate. In the context of this ad, the seller has used PH's phone safe offered by PH as described below.

What are the benefits of using PhoneSafe?

PhoneSafe blocks calls from known canvassers and leaves you free to answer queries from people genuinely interested in buying your vehicle.
Sellers are able to keep their own phone numbers private.

How much will it cost to use PhoneSafe?

There is no charge for sellers who want to use PhoneSafe. Buyers who contact a seller through PhoneSafe will be charged only a small amount more than direct calls. The charges are listed below:

Day: 37.5p
Evening: 25.0p
Weekend: 12.5p
All prices are pence per minute fom a BT Landline and calls from a mobile or other operator may vary.
PhoneSafe is a completely optional service for sellers.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back