Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Carrera value question

Robertb

Yas Marina
There is a Bentley main dealer in a nearby village to us, they have a guards red/black hide 997 Carrera (not S), nice spec i.e. manual, bose, nav, cruise, perfect condition. 05 reg 24k miles.

They've had it for ages- late spring/early summer I think. It was up at £47995 which was very optimistic.

Its been reduced to £39,950 which seems quite reasonable on the face of it, years warranty etc. But its been at this new price for a couple of months now.

What's the general view- is it cheap, or should it be cheaper? What's the right price from a dealer in the current climate?

Having done a lot of research before I got mine last month, it seems not too bad with the one year warranty - but you might get it for £38k. You could always ring up an independant dealer and tell them you have a car of this spec for sale and ask what they would give you for it. It has to be going down about £500 a month - a dealer told me his second hand Aston Martin DBs are dropping £2.5k a month. I'd tell him there are lots to chose from and you'll keep looking and he can give you a call when he'll take £38k for it. You'd certainly have it for Xmas. :)
(Mine was a silver C2 auto, just 2yrs old, 11k miles, 111 point check & 6 mths warranty, £41k - I am over the moon with it).

mark pearce said:
and the problem is its red!!

I've never liked GR coloured cars anyway but that's imo. Why would you say this is a problem, Mark?

~ Maxie :?:

Red's still not popular with the used car market. Despite people saying they like red 911s, they still (wrongly, perhaps) consider them a risk when it comes to resale.

From what Bob's said, I reckon £36-37k is about right.

Phil

Mark had that stunning very high spec bargain guards red C2S for ages.

I think the combination of Red and also being a base C2 will make it difficult to move on.

One of my dealers - not Mark. Has just bought a nice 997 C2, good colour combo and about 24k miles. He will be retailing for about £36K if anyone is interested. I am just waiting on the details from him. It isn't advertised yet as he has only just taken it in.

Or...you could look at the adds in all the normal routes....and get a C2S with a similiar mailage for the same ... or less money

And remember...dealers are making money...and I think in this age of uncertaintiy I would rather keep my money in my pocket

My veiw...and only my view 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back